• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Yorkshire Blue

Super Moderator⭐
Staff member
Chairman's Blog

Firstly let me apologise to those supporters who feel I have been conspicuous by my absence. Having said that I would write three blogs in the close season, I issued two. The third was to cover the new stadium plans.

Over the years I hope everyone agrees that communication within the Club has improved and I also hope that it is recognised I have taken a pivotal role in that. I believe it to be very important to let supporters know what is going on in their Club and I for one NEVER duck an issue. There is nothing to hide so why not. Some might even argue I get too close to the detail.

That said there are some occasions – and right now is one of them – where it would be absolutely imprudent for me to speak out of turn and potentially jeopardise the Club’s interests. For months (probably a year actually) I have been intensely engaged in an effort to circumvent the collapse of the Banks.

It took two years to sort the planning but its arrival (including on Roots Hall in September 2008) could not have coincided at a worse time. The collapse of the world banking sector was in full swing.

I am open and honest but to comment on matters that are commercially sensitive would be foolhardy. I simply will not do that.

What supporters need to know is that I am utterly focused and our objectives will be achieved. As and when there are material developments I will let supporters know soonest and in that regard I hope to be in a position to make a further statement in a week or two.

Inevitably the media hypes the situation. Dramatising to scaremonger only serves to inflame the position and in doing so potentially making the task even more demanding.

In closing, well done to all those fans who are en route or will be travelling up to Carlisle tomorrow. It is a grim trek and let’s hope we are rewarded with three points. I look forward to seeing at least some of you there.

Up the Blues!

Basically we are in the **** and he can't give us any reassurances.

When is the HMRC hearing delayed until? Ron's suggesting he won't be in a position to make a further statement for a week or two. Isn't that after the hearing?

You couldn't make it up, oh hang on, actually you have, or have you, now I really am confused

Basically we are in the **** and he can't give us any reassurances.

When is the HMRC hearing delayed until? Ron's suggesting he won't be in a position to make a further statement for a week or two. Isn't that after the hearing?

Next wedesday i thought

He's still being positive though

What supporters need to know is that I am utterly focused and our objectives will be achieved. As and when there are material developments I will let supporters know soonest and in that regard I hope to be in a position to make a further statement in a week or two.

And I haven't got it yet either.

Well I didn't get one. And it's not on the site.

Is someone winding you up? Sounds about right though...

It's too dull to be a wind-up.

Besides it has his signature and all

ronsig.gif

so it sounds like we will go into administration next Wednesday and negotiations are at a delicate stage to produce something that will dig us out of the financial mess at some point after that

so it sounds like we will go into administration next Wednesday and negotiations are at a delicate stage to produce something that will dig us out of the financial mess at some point after that

Question is, will we go into administration voluntarily, and accept the 10 point deduction,

OR

go the other route and land a 30 point deduction

10 points would be bad, and very hard to escape (if not impossible), but 30 would certainly be impossible

Question is, will we go into administration voluntarily, and accept the 10 point deduction,

OR

go the other route and land a 30 point deduction

10 points would be bad, and very hard to escape (if not impossible), but 30 would certainly be impossible

it sounds like a no-brainer, but to be honest though I thought everyone got a 10 point deduction initially

it sounds like a no-brainer, but to be honest though I thought everyone got a 10 point deduction initially
As far as i'm aware, it's a voluntary thing where you accept 10 points, but the worse case scenario is 30 points. But that's if you argue it or something? I must admit i'm not 100% sure. Can anyone clarify?

As far as i'm aware, it's a voluntary thing where you accept 10 points, but the worse case scenario is 30 points. But that's if you argue it or something? I must admit i'm not 100% sure. Can anyone clarify?

Go & find out from the Luton scum forums, maybe?

Looks like I picked a good time to move away... Still not got internet access sorted out out here so haven't been keeping up with too much news in the last few weeks but would administration be the end of the World? Serious question. Other clubs have done it and recovered well and if it means that we can restructure the debt and the Club's finances in the next couple of months then maybe ten points isn't a huge price to pay. It's gutting that it's come to this, if it has, but hopefully it's the low point.

Back