• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Rayleigh boy

Director⭐
As you know it was in the public domain that Sainsburys put 5 MILLION POUNDS into SUFC - the money arriving shortly after the club had "let go" a team who had not been paid for months.

Now we have an expensive ex prem manager - an enormous squad ..... Deegan even ! - we are buying players and even got our chairmans own Logo on the shirts.

It seems the cash cow that is a prime retail site in the centre of a large town has delivered again -

- What do you think - penalty clauses ? Another retailer onto it ..... maybe Ron won the Euromillions

oh and by the way I was the idiot who never believed a word of all that we are broke bollox

As you know it was in the public domain that Sainsburys put 5 MILLION POUNDS into SUFC - the money arriving shortly after the club had "let go" a team who had not been paid for months.

Now we have an expensive ex prem manager - an enormous squad ..... Deegan even ! - we are buying players and even got our chairmans own Logo on the shirts.

It seems the cash cow that is a prime retail site in the centre of a large town has delivered again -

- What do you think - penalty clauses ? Another retailer onto it ..... maybe Ron won the Euromillions

oh and by the way I was the idiot who never believed a word of all that we are broke bollox

Wow.

Just wow.

When we got that 5 million pounds we had to pay a 2.2 million pound tax debt and we were left with around 1.7 million after other debts to run the club for 12 months.

We then had no finance issues for nearly two years when we then had more wage issues, we evenhad to sell Ferdinand to pay a tax bill and Ron Martin had to remortage his house for a 300k debt.

Do you really need this explained yet again?

Having a property worth millions means nothing all when you have no cash in the bank. Its only any use if you sell it or build on it, which we still haven't if you hadnt noticed.

Yes something has happened to improve the situation, but that doesnt mean we have been loaded the last 5 years or had 5 million in the bank.

We were broke, we had no cash. If you dont believe it check the accounts and look at the -10 million or more in the red we are.

More repetitive than mrsblue.

4 years he has been making the same statement, and 4 years Ive been pointing out the same thing.

Having a property worth money doesn't mean you are cash rich. How complicated is that to grasp?!

:smile:

4 years he has been making the same statement, and 4 years Ive been pointing out the same thing.

Having a property worth money doesn't mean you are cash rich. How complicated is that to grasp?!

:smile:

I also love how the whole thread is based on these "facts" which are based on the principle "if I repeat it a hundred times it will be true!".

I also love how the whole thread is based on these "facts" which are based on the principle "if I repeat it a hundred times it will be true!".

Rayleigh boy is also of the firm opinion that man has never landed on the moon and the twin towers was a US/Zionist conspiracy, oh and Global Warming is all bolox too.

Rayleigh boy is also of the firm opinion that man has never landed on the moon and the twin towers was a US/Zionist conspiracy, oh and Global Warming is all bolox too.

and Sturrock saved the club

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

btw reading a set of company accounts does not mean you understand a business position ....

btw reading a set of company accounts does not mean you understand a business position ....

Because all company accounts are just made up figures, right?

Is this a serious post? Really?

Having fallen asleep on the train and missing my stop meaning a cab fare back this thread made me find my sense of humour . Thank you

Not reading them and thinking owning a property means you have cash in the bank whilst blindly ignoring all the documented facts doesnt either.

I own a property worth well over £200K. However my bank account doesn't have £200k in it. Could you please explain how I can go and buy a Ferrari as I must be loaded.

Oh. Lordy. :facepalm:

I swear Rayleigh boy is just a robot programmed to say the same predetermined phrases every couple of weeks, it never changes.

Can someone please clear this up for me? Obviously... I'm supposed to hate Uncle Ron to be in with the crowd, but could someone let me know if it's because he's made our club stupidly rich or stupidly poor? I'm uncomfortable with my radical view that it's likely to be somewhere fairly consistent with most other clubs in Leagues 1 and 2.

Not reading them and thinking owning a property means you have cash in the bank whilst blindly ignoring all the documented facts doesnt either.

I own a property worth well over £200K. However my bank account doesn't have £200k in it. Could you please explain how I can go and buy a Ferrari as I must be loaded.

but you can borrow 180k against your house and drive off in a ferrari - even buy yourself a footballer..

controlling - not owning Roots Hall is the cash cow...

anyway i actually think RM was right all along - he just had to play very dirty (not pay certain people) to hang on until the first money arrived.

SUFC - and us the supporters are RMs lever to get planning and a done deal on RH. I remain convinced he wanted relegation from league 1.

keep the insults coming ..

Can someone please clear this up for me? Obviously... I'm supposed to hate Uncle Ron to be in with the crowd, but could someone let me know if it's because he's made our club stupidly rich or stupidly poor? I'm uncomfortable with my radical view that it's likely to be somewhere fairly consistent with most other clubs in Leagues 1 and 2.

SUFC are one of the biggest clubs in this division .... and have the prospect of doing a deal to sell their massive town centre site.

but you can borrow 180k against your house and drive off in a ferrari - even buy yourself a footballer..

controlling - not owning Roots Hall is the cash cow...

anyway i actually think RM was right all along - he just had to play very dirty (not pay certain people) to hang on until the first money arrived.

SUFC - and us the supporters are RMs lever to get planning and a done deal on RH. I remain convinced he wanted relegation from league 1.

keep the insults coming ..

Only if you can prove you can afford to pay it back........

Last edited:
Back