• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

blue79

Banned
Until recently Ron has stayed away from the footballing side of things over the last year to concentrate solely on the new stadium subject.

I dare say a few will say he's the right man to oversee the stasdium bid.

But is he?

Could Tara Brady or Gary Lockett or both together be just as effective if not more so than Ron in carrying the project forward?

Just my opinion but when was the last time Rons companies built something? Doesn't he have a history of starting things and then selling them on for someone else to physically build? Is that a more likely scenario?

Until recently Ron has stayed away from the footballing side of things over the last year to concentrate solely on the new stadium subject.

I dare say a few will say he's the right man to oversee the stasdium bid.

But is he?

Could Tara Brady or Gary Lockett or both together be just as effective if not more so than Ron in carrying the project forward?

I know you're obsessed with TB but what makes you think he can build a stadium or GL for that matter?

Interesting you use the word obsessed.

Are you obsesed with me or something. Do I need my back against the wall? You pick holes in everything I say.

As OBD said earlier, another wolf packer.

Well, down to a 3 sided ground under his grandiose plans, will there be any reduction on this, could get a bit chilly over FF:omg:

Dick, Jamesmut and sealion thanks for constructive comments. It seems gt yarmouth shrimper is still looking for a cure to his frustration.

Dick, Jamesmut and sealion thanks for constructive comments. It seems gt yarmouth shrimper is still looking for a cure to his frustration.

What are you on about, if you read my post properly you will notice I asked you a question. It is a sign of grace and style for the OP on this site to open the debate with their views before opening it out to gather other peoples thoughts.
Or are you special?

At the moment he is the only man that can deliver Fossett Farm.

I know I live on the opposite side of the world but from what I've heard and read he is the only person who is going to make Fossett's Farm come to fruition.

Until some one else comes along, Ron is our only hope!

On second thoughts Blue 79, please don't respond to me again. After reading the abusive PMs' you have just sent, I don't want to engage in any form of conversation with you.

those who are mocked after commenting are special in having to put up with it. Onion Bag Dave hit the nail on the head earlier. So you asked me an innocent question, am I obsessed with Tara? Doesn't imply too well to me. At least I defend myself rather than walk away like some have done recently but if you can't take the retaliation then why imply mocking or any form of provocation in the first place. Those who have quit the forum were sick to death of being the victim being made to look like the offender. if the objective is to start arguments why bother posting. In my case I've not started anything just defend and hit back.

I only know of Ron Martin from what I see in the media and read on here, but what strikes me is the continuing moving targets... In the interview he gave around the time of TB's departure he said tenders were in and a contractor about to be chosen, the finances were in place and building should start within 18 months. Now I don't pretend to know anything about large building projects but if all the above is in place:

a) why are we waiting a further 18 months?
b) will the existing tenders still be valid after that long?
c) how long are Sainsbury's prepared to wait until they either get on site at Roots Hall or want their £5m back?

Whether or not he is the right man for the project or not I don't know, but until I see a bulldozer chugging up to FF I won't hold my breath on waiting for the new stadium, however many sides it will have!

I only know of Ron Martin from what I see in the media and read on here, but what strikes me is the continuing moving targets... In the interview he gave around the time of TB's departure he said tenders were in and a contractor about to be chosen, the finances were in place and building should start within 18 months. Now I don't pretend to know anything about large building projects but if all the above is in place:

a) why are we waiting a further 18 months?
b) will the existing tenders still be valid after that long?
c) how long are Sainsbury's prepared to wait until they either get on site at Roots Hall or want their £5m back?

Whether or not he is the right man for the project or not I don't know, but until I see a bulldozer chugging up to FF I won't hold my breath on waiting for the new stadium, however many sides it will have!

There are many factors us as fans will not understand. The complexities of a development the size of FF are myriad. I am confident RM is not dragging his feet as I am sure it will be of greater benefit for him to see the project finished.
In response to the original post, RM is the owner. He is the only one in a position to make FF happen. RM has an enormous wealth of experience in the world of developers. AS for TB or GL, neither own the club, neither have been charged with carrying out the project and thus far neither have developing on their CV. It would be as relevant to ask whether we should give the project to Messrs Mohsni and Blair Sturrock who have both had association with the club and therefore in a prime position to become developers.

There are many factors us as fans will not understand. The complexities of a development the size of FF are myriad. I am confident RM is not dragging his feet as I am sure it will be of greater benefit for him to see the project finished.
In response to the original post, RM is the owner. He is the only one in a position to make FF happen. RM has an enormous wealth of experience in the world of developers. AS for TB or GL, neither own the club, neither have been charged with carrying out the project and thus far neither have developing on their CV. It would be as relevant to ask whether we should give the project to Messrs Mohsni and Blair Sturrock who have both had association with the club and therefore in a prime position to become developers.

Thankfully Sainsburys are holding his hand, I don't think anyone can underestimate there building knowledge or credentials!!! For me that gives me some comfort, although because of them we have a 3 sided stadium as RM doesn't have a pot to **** in which makes you wonder how good a developer is he. Before everyone jumps on the recession, financial crisis crap there is also opportunity in those times and as I believe none of Rons 29 company's seem to have taken any of those?

This from the Evening Echo in 1998;
Tony Hall, chairman of the Southend United Independent Supporters Club, said he had heard rumours of the take-over.
"If they come to fruition then I'm sure they will be welcomed by the fans," he added.
"There are a lot of people who Jobson has alienated from the club and I reckon there will be a bumper crowd for the First match after he goes.
"No one would deny that Jobson did a great job when he first came into the club, which was in a total mess after the Anton Johnson saga, but by his own admission it was his fault that we went down last season.
"Martin Dawn seem a go-ahead company who have the best interests of Southend United at heart.
"Hopefully this deal will help the club go from strength to strength."

Whoever is in charge, it appears many fans will detest them. Owner after owner has fallen foul of the fans wrath. Perhaps the successive problem strewn era's show just how difficult the task is to run a small club and satisfy big hopes.

those who are mocked after commenting are special in having to put up with it. Onion Bag Dave hit the nail on the head earlier. So you asked me an innocent question, am I obsessed with Tara? Doesn't imply too well to me. At least I defend myself rather than walk away like some have done recently but if you can't take the retaliation then why imply mocking or any form of provocation in the first place. Those who have quit the forum were sick to death of being the victim being made to look like the offender. if the objective is to start arguments why bother posting. In my case I've not started anything just defend and hit back.
Blue, you do seem to have an inside track about info coming out of Southend United, and for that reason your posts can be quite intresting. But mate, you do seem to be able also to wind people up, and when they bite back you come over all surprised. I have no problem with you at all, but looking on from outside as it seems, you do get into some heated exchanges.

As long as the OP does not got offended, lets take personalities away from this issue and phrase the question this way.

Who is better placed to deliver the stadium ?

The Owner of a Property developers, A senior Employee of an Insurance company or the Former head of a mobile communications company ?

This from the Evening Echo in 1998;
Tony Hall, chairman of the Southend United Independent Supporters Club, said he had heard rumours of the take-over.
"If they come to fruition then I'm sure they will be welcomed by the fans," he added.
"There are a lot of people who Jobson has alienated from the club and I reckon there will be a bumper crowd for the First match after he goes.
"No one would deny that Jobson did a great job when he first came into the club, which was in a total mess after the Anton Johnson saga, but by his own admission it was his fault that we went down last season.
"Martin Dawn seem a go-ahead company who have the best interests of Southend United at heart.
"Hopefully this deal will help the club go from strength to strength."

Whoever is in charge, it appears many fans will detest them. Owner after owner has fallen foul of the fans wrath. Perhaps the successive problem strewn era's show just how difficult the task is to run a small club and satisfy big hopes.

Tony Hall, what a monster he sounds.

RM has an enormous wealth of experience in the world of developers. AS for TB or GL, neither own the club, neither have been charged with carrying out the project and thus far neither have developing on their CV.

I am reassured by this. I would be further reassured if you could share with us details of some of the more major developments he has delivered in, say, the last fifteen years.

By developments, I don't mean the creation of interlinked companies across different time zones and tax jurisdictions or the snapping up and trading of pockets of land. Real developments that we can look at and say "that looks good".

There may be loads, there may be none; I honestly don't know.

Back