• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Ron Update

As far as I’m aware the supporters group have told him to poke this supposed Thursday zoom meeting up his arse sideways, want for a better phrase.?

I hope so. He just goes off on a tangent without giving any concrete answers. Saying MM would definitely be the manager to the end of the season was the final straw for me.

I agree with what the fans want to do ie for the best of the club. Regardless if Ron is going to chat sh*t at this meeting or not on Thursday we should still have attended. For all we know he could have given some good news, come clean and apologised etc.

Too many of our fans have moaned about him avoiding speaking to fans for too long and now we are no better by declining his offer. Yes we need to make our voices heard and that will happen on Saturday but since Ron last spoke to us all he has met Stan on 2 occasions and even Stan said things were positive.

Make the effort and actually do the call with him on Thursday and see what he has to say and stop being such idiots or stop moaning that he isnt communicating.

FYI this is not a post backing Ron up it is a post of frustration that some people who think they are helping are actually looking no better than Ron at the moment!

I agree with what the fans want to do ie for the best of the club. Regardless if Ron is going to chat sh*t at this meeting or not on Thursday we should still have attended. For all we know he could have given some good news, come clean and apologised etc.

Good news? Clean? Apologised?:ROFL::ROFL::ROFL::ROFL::ROFL:

Dream on

It is all a bit convenient/ typical Ron etc , but as an earlier poster said , if he has offered a zoom meeting then take it , even it’s not what was preferred.
Don’t give him any chance to say “well I said I’d communicate more and you walked away”

As far as I’m aware the supporters group have told him to poke this supposed Thursday zoom meeting up his arse sideways, want for a better phrase.?
I sincerely hope they said something far more forceful than that Mr Walnuts.

If the meeting can be moved to after the protest then more than happy to attend. Otherwise what's the point in the protest?

If he wants to update fans then he can release another statement. He's good at those

Well one of the demands is better communication. Unfortunately there is a long history of complaining bitterly when we don’t have something....and then complaining bitterly when we do..
The protest and the Zoom cars are not mutually exclusive
Operative word being 'better'. That means various things including more regular, honest and transparent.

If the meeting can be moved to after the protest then more than happy to attend. Otherwise what's the point in the protest?

If he wants to update fans then he can release another statement. He's good at those
Well the point is to get change- part of which is more and better communication. Another example is to get a CEO in- should Stan not have had the meeting with Ron and the potential new CEO before the protest either?
I don't think we should regard these things as mutually exclusive.

Well the point is to get change- part of which is more and better communication. Another example is to get a CEO in- should Stan not have had the meeting with Ron and the potential new CEO before the protest either?
I don't think we should regard these things as mutually exclusive.
I'm not necessarily arguing with you, I do get your point. But what makes this call different to the last?

I've been lucky enough to be invited to a few of these now, and it's got us absolutely nowhere. He pays lip service to most the points made and then brings up Bilel Mohsni, Chris Powell etc.

Hypothetically, what happens if he agrees to heavily invest next season but only if the protest is cancelled?

This is the same guy who was shocked that fans wanted refunds to games that were cancelled last season due to COVID.

As I said previously, I'm happy to talk to him but only after the protest. It weakens our position otherwise and is exactly what he wants IMO

The absolute worst thing Ron could do is come out, as he usually does, blame everyone but himself and argue with supporters.

I think the best thing he could do is to hold his hands up, say “sorry, I ****ed up. I thought I could do it all myself and it’s evident now that I couldn’t. I’ve had positive meetings with Stan and the appointment of a footballing CEO to look after that side of things is the priority at the moment. You deserve better and I’m doing all I can to get things back on track and give you back a club you can be proud of.”

If it’s the same **** we’ve heard a million times before then all he’ll do is potentially encourage a few more fans down to the protest on Saturday who might have spent their afternoon in their armchair instead.

Back