• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Ron Update

Not when you have already stood on a platform of not meeting till after the protest it does not, we can’t help others wanted to meet can we, that’s their right and let them. I think it’s right to stay true to what we have said.
It’s not walking into anything when you chose a stance and stick by it when no meeting was arranged for today during that time we made that decision

I understand your preferred method of communication was for Ron to put things in writing. Some misguided idea about accountability or whatever. Sorry TrueBlue but a zoom meeting is better than no meeting and a refusal to take part appears churlish. We all want answers and reassurances but we are not in a position where we can dictate the terms. You will not lose face by accepting the zoom offer but you will gain respect.

I fail to see why this meeting cannot have happened after the protests? its a shame as Ron has totally played an ace here and divided people up.

Everyone needs to encourage the meeting and the protest, the whole point of all this is to address the collapse over these last few years by any means possible and action needs to be taken by all groups. nothing is going to be changed by 1 zoom meeting or 1 protest, but by continued pressure from all sides.

and posts that criticise any of the groups or factions are really not necessary as we are all fans who all more or less want the same outcome, some giving up there time and energy more then others but all for the same cause.

In the summer of 2019 I asked Simon Cox about his strange double calf injury allegedly whilst pre-pre-season training. He couldn't' even look me in the eye. He said the right things but i knew he was pulling everyones pants down. We all later found out he never wanted to be here for that season.

You are the one trying to suggest its Elvis. I have already left that building.

Maybe Elvis has too.Hope not.Couldn't care less about SC .Though I liked him as a player.

We are all Southend United supporters and the clue is United.We need to stay focused and act as a United front otherwise we will end up as a divided group.

Why not have the meeting and if Ron starts playing around and not giving straight answers state that you are unhappy with his answers and withdraw from the meeting rather than not turning up in the first place.

The thing about a united front is it needs to be exactly that. Once the main common areas for discussion are agreed then they become the points for discussion with Ron, and only those. It also needs a group of no more than three on behalf of the supporters representing the common points. That way you know when to twist or stick when Ron becomes awkward. That's the theory anyway, in practice, getting 7 groups of football fans to reach a concensus is always going to be a challenge.

In the summer of 2019 I asked Simon Cox about his strange double calf injury allegedly whilst pre-pre-season training. He couldn't' even look me in the eye. He said the right things but i knew he was pulling everyones pants down. We all later found out he never wanted to be here for that season.

You are the one trying to suggest its Elvis. I have already left that building.
did make me laugh when that happened. Was allegedly on a 'training camp'! Then both calves!! Then returns nowhere near in a decent condition carrying way to much excess weight. He took the pxxx out of the club

did make me laugh when that happened. Was allegedly on a 'training camp'! Then both calves!! Then returns nowhere near in a decent condition carrying way to much excess weight. He took the pxxx out of the club
He did yes but what I never understood was why the club extended his option knowing he didnt want to stay

This is ridiculous, the different supporters groups cannot seem to keep a United front for even a week or so. The protest was agreed by all. If RM wants to say something no doubt it will come out on either his BBC interview or his club statement. I doubt very much the Zoom meeting would of bought anything extra.

Things should IMO stay as they are, get Saturday over and move forward from then.

There is only person mudding the waters here for his own agenda and people are reacting to it.

My water isn't muddy. I haven't seen the reasoning behind a 'protest' from Day 1 save a way for some I suppose to have a platform to express their disappointment as if that makes them bigger, greater a more loyal supporter than the next man/woman. We are where we are - let's look forward.
If there was ever a time for collaboration between the Club, Council and Supporters it was now. I simply do not believe a protest on the car park that is certainly not representative of ALL fans serves anybody well. The supporters aren't united because nobody has found a common objective we can rally around yet other than 'what's best for our club'. That can only be determined in grown up conversations in the weeks ahead WITH the owner and main creditor - not without him.

Back