• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Ronaldinho

stevie_G_G_G

The OG King
Ronaldinho could be Man City bound. He may be having an off season but surely he could aim higher than that!!

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11095_3396813,00.html

Would be some signing in my opinion as long as he can put his football head on and not think he is bigger than the team. Rumours were he fell out with Rikaard as he likes to go to nightclubs and parties an awful lot.

He'll go wherever the money is best. If that means Shinawatra's millions, then why not?

Been thinking a lot about this and I think Man City is about his size club now. The only other place I could think he would fit in would be Newcastle.

He has lost some form and will now obviously look for the biggest payday (which surely would be City). Plus with Sven there - who is a respected coach around the world, some already very good players, a big stadium with good support, a chance to play in the Prem etc - all adds up.

He is a hard player to put in a team and I couldnt see him at Man U, Liverpool or Arsenal as he just wouldnt fit in with their play IMO. Chelsea would be the other alternative, but they have trouble getting their current players into the starting 11.

Newcastle if they could match the cash from City would be the other choice IMO as they could offer the same - plus Keegan would probably play him every week and it would be a bit like when Asprilla went their.

His other options - Italy - not the league it once was and Spain, which the only other club he could go to would be Real Madrid and I dont see that happening due to he's 'love' of Barcelona.

Could be a pretty exciting season for City next year...

I think he is an extremely risky signing.

I listen to the Football Weekly Guardian podcast and their Spanish League expert says he barely does any training and has a big ego. His fitness levels are pretty bad too and he is carrying a few pounds.

Sure, he scores the odd amazing goal but he could totally ruin the team spirit - not to mention the wage structure.

Hmmmm, having said that, if the price were right and I was at Man City or Newcastle I would be up for it!!

Henry is also having a nightmare at Barcelona - I think he would be a much better signing. He misses his family back in England so would probably be up for a return.

can't see him going to city myself, think he will more than likely go to ac milan, they made it public knowledge that they want to sign him. i don't think he could handle it in the prem anyway.

Ronaldinho is just a fat bloke who's good at keepie-ups now, I'm afraid. His edge has been blunted by money and I don't think he'll ever come back. The only thing surprising about the Man City link is that Sven thinks he's good enough for them. He needs an enormous attitude readjustment because right now he can't even be bothered to turn up for training.

He'd be doing himself a favour if he just retired now, he's clearly not interested.

Before we all rush to write him off, please bear in mind the following (spotted in a Gabriele Marcotti article yesterday):

"He has just turned 28. He has scored 48 goals in his past 74 league starts for Barcelona (and he is not a striker). He packs a greater commercial punch than anyone not named Beckham."

I think his time at Barça is definitely up. But he still has a lot to give and the challenge of a new club could be just what he needs. Not sure if Manchester City is the best bet though.

Before we all rush to write him off, please bear in mind the following (spotted in a Gabriele Marcotti article yesterday):

"He has just turned 28. He has scored 48 goals in his past 74 league starts for Barcelona (and he is not a striker). He packs a greater commercial punch than anyone not named Beckham."

Yes, but all Marcotti is doing is telling us what we already know. Yes, he was the best player in the world. Yes, he scored a lot of goals. The only reason for his marketability was how good he was on the football pitch.

Unfortunately all the wonderful stats and hi-tech Nike adverts mean bugger all if you can't break out of a gentle trot. He'd get savaged on a wet night at the JJB Stadium.

Of course, he'd dance rings round anyone in this country if he got himself fit again, but is he actually going to do that? He couldn't even be bothered to turn up at Gelsenkirchen last week, despite the fact that the Barca medical staff said there was nothing wrong with him.

He couldn't even be bothered to turn up at Gelsenkirchen last week.

Yer I bet he would even find some pathetic excuses to not attend the SZBC meets as well....;)

Yes, but all Marcotti is doing is telling us what we already know. Yes, he was the best player in the world. Yes, he scored a lot of goals. The only reason for his marketability was how good he was on the football pitch.

Unfortunately all the wonderful stats and hi-tech Nike adverts mean bugger all if you can't break out of a gentle trot. He'd get savaged on a wet night at the JJB Stadium.

Of course, he'd dance rings round anyone in this country if he got himself fit again, but is he actually going to do that? He couldn't even be bothered to turn up at Gelsenkirchen last week, despite the fact that the Barca medical staff said there was nothing wrong with him.

He still does the business when he fancies it. I wouldn't necessarily back Eriksson to coax performances out of him, but there are bound to be some managers out there who could. At this point I suppose I should name some. But I'm not his agent. I think a lot will depend on which managers end up at which big clubs this summer.

Back