• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Ronnie Whelan to replace Rafa at Liverpool.

overseas shrimper

Life President⭐
Listening to the podcast of Spoony's 606 this morning, a 'Pool fan phoned and said it is time for Rafa to go. He called on the club to appoint 'somebody from within... an ex-player or something.'

The obvious name the caller first suggested was Dalglish.

When Marcotti said that there's probably a reason why Dalglish hasn't managed for so many years and that might be because he doesn't want to any more, he asked the caller who else might fit the bill.

I nearly choked when the numpty suggested Ronnie Whelan! Jesus H... are there two Ronnie Whelans about? One of which I have no knowledge of and has proven himself in management to the extent that he can take over a club like Liverpool and deliver Champions League and Premier League success?

If so... how did he escape my radar?

If he is, indeed, talking about the Ronnie Whelan I am thinking of, the caller needs to either change his medication, or start taking some.

Listening to the podcast of Spoony's 606 this morning, a 'Pool fan phoned and said it is time for Rafa to go. He called on the club to appoint 'somebody from within... an ex-player or something.'

When Marcotti said that there's probably a reason why Dalglish hasn't managed for so many years and that might be because he doesn't want to any more, he asked the caller who else might fit the bill.

I nearly choked when the numpty suggested Ronnie Whelan! Jesus H... are there two Ronnie Whelans about? One of which I have no knowledge of and has proven himself in management to the extent that he can take over a club like Liverpool and deliver Champions League and Premier League success?

If he is, indeed, talking about the Ronnie Whelan I am thinking of, the caller needs to either change his medication, or start taking some.

Haha, that is brilliant. A good example of a misguided 'premiership' fan who probably doesnt even know that Whelan has a 'craic' at football management already.

I used to love listening to the phone ins on the way back from games with my dad, but now they just seem to get absolute morons phone in. I didnt realise Marcotti was on BBC now. He used to one of the few good things about TalkSport. He knows his stuff.

I read that post and all I could think of was why?

Why would anyone subject themselves to 606 with spoony?

I read that post and all I could think of was why?

Why would anyone subject themselves to 606 with spoony?

I subject myself to online coverage of Southend games, so maybe I am just addicted to 'audio torture'.

Spoony really is a bit dim, finding it hard to string a coherent sentence together, I admit. Also, how the far have the BBC's standards slipped when they allow somebody that says 'arks' instead of 'ask' on their airwaves?

I listen in spite of Spoony rather than because of him. Marcotti helps as well. I even listen to Alan Green's edition as well and I find him a pressumptious, jumped up ****** of the highest order, jumping down caller's throats without having listened to them properly... so go figure.

:unsure:

SkyBet have priced Whelan up at 250/1 to be next Liverpool manager. Mourinho is their 9/4 favourite.

SkyBet have priced Whelan up at 250/1 to be next Liverpool manager. Mourinho is their 9/4 favourite.

Phone rings. Jose answers:

JM: Yes? This is Special One speaking.

LFC: Hello, this is Liverpool Football Club speaking. We'd like to talk to you about becoming our next manager.

JM: And what is my wage?

LFC: £xxxxxx.

JM: (sniggers) Okay, so what about my transfer budget?

LFC: You'll have £xxxxxx at your disposal.

JM: Per player?

LFC: No, per season. So long as you generate the same with outgoing tran... (click; deadline line tone). Hello? -- Mr Mourinho?

Back