• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

rons 3 word blog[106 meeting] v shrimpfans.

shrimpfan

Manager
The scene was the Civic Centre, the 106 meeting. As my friend and I were going into the meeting he happened to mention to me that I should turn off my phone as he had already turned his off. As we take centre stage in the public seating area he whips out his blues scarf from his pocket and drapes it over the seats in front of us (the front row). The meeting starts and various Councillors get up say there piece in favour of Southend United. The meeting seems to be going well when, suddenly, a phone rings. To my amazement it is coming from my friend's coat, over the chair in front. I thought to myself "I do not believe it", after he had already reminded me to turn mine off. After seeing everyone turned towards us I wished I was invisible. Even he was totally embarrassed and could not apologise enough about the mishap of leaving his new phone on. Well that was his excuse. As he was trying to bring his new phone under control, it was by now making slurping and gurgling noises, a sweat come to his brow as his fingers were desperately trying to bring the beast under control. the Chairman of the meeting suggested my friend should wrap his phone in his Southend United scarf. With that he eventually had to go outside to turn it off. Why was this left out of the Echo front page.

Back