• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Rons BBC Essex interview

fbm

Blue tinted optimist⭐
Very eloquent, answered many, many questions.

Accepts that maybe the Revell situation could have been handled slightly better by the club, refuses to put the blame all on GK.

There is no financial crisis. All businesses and football clubs struggle with cash flow from time to time and this situation has been heightened by this recession and the fact that the banks have closed their doors. This means that the lending situation has had to be circumvented by putting more equity into the group which is what is happening.

(Polite note - to anyone who doesn't understand that paragraph above then that is a clear object lesson to perhaps keep your traps shut and let the people who know how to run businesses run them without needless and panicked interjection by people who haven't got a scooby doo about what actually happens in big business. Sorry if that offends anyone but I'm sick of reading posts by people who seem to think that all RM has to do is go and get some money from the tree or under the stones in the rockery to put things right.)

ST likes a squad of 19-21 max and 2-3 more players will be coming in. We need a permanent left back and a striker.

The Col U boys would have stayed if we had anything to do with it but it was normal to recall them as the new manager wants to look at the whole squad.

The tax debt is more of an irritant because the new rules would have allowed us to pay it over a period of 6 months rather than in 1 lump but it will be paid. The financial issues relate to money management rather than anything else and it is being managed.

We will be on site at FF by end November and ready for July 2011, as planned.

We can survive easily by staying at RH but that is not the aim. We want to compete at CCC level and we need a new stadium and facilities to do that.

People should acknowledge we are in a transitional stage and the club is being progressed forwards.

Now, for all the rubbish and bs posters that will no doubt denounce this as more spin etc etc yadayadayada, consider this.

Aside from the Revenue, the only major person we owe money too is Ron.

He will not allow the club to go into administration because then he would lose his money.

It is more in his interests than anyone elses to keep us afloat.

In any event, in a couple of years we'll all find out whether it was a pack of lies or not, won't we?

its like im falling in love with him all over agian x x x x seriously though I not sure I ve seen such a crazy week for a long time, probably since we were likened to nazis in the jobson era have I seen such vitriol aimed at the club by some supporters, king should not have said what he said its true but he did say what many supporters were actually thinking about revs, I will still reserve a little bit of judgement until I see building work on fossetts farm actually happening and hopefully GK keeps his gob shut

Glad he says another striker is coming in but I feel after tonights performances and last seasons that Herd deserves a run in the team. Obviously if someone with real quality was available then go for it but I feel Jonny can be a real star of the future and if he doesnt get games here will end up another Kightly.

Particularly liked the comment about Freedman when talking about the Revell/general striker situation, but not sure is this was specifically related to tonight or last week. Tilly would've liked him to play but......................................................................................."he was a bit tired".

Ah diddums! :headbang:

My case for the prosecution rests Your Honour. :thumbdown:

I rarely post on here these days because of some of the utter nonsense I hear.. this week has been a great example of this.

Driving home from away games I often listen to 606 and hear spoilt Premiership fans talking utter rubbish. Its a shame that often now on here alot of spoilt people seem to think we should be in the Championship .. We are Southend United. I remember where we came from and where we have been and I'm just glad we have friday nights and saturday afternoons, and potentially a bright shiny stadium with an ambitious chairman... if it doesnt happen then it doesnt happen, but why spend the next 2 seasons worrying about it? Utterly pointless

This season with a depleted squad we have played some cracking football and but for a bit of luck we would be sitting behind the leaders. I cant wait for Leeds on friday because I reckon we are going to give them a lesson.

I think the stadium has a 20 month build schedule so that does not leave much time for any more delays. If it starts any later than December this year then it will not be ready for the start of 2011 season.

I rarely post on here these days because of some of the utter nonsense I hear.. this week has been a great example of this.

Driving home from away games I often listen to 606 and hear spoilt Premiership fans talking utter rubbish. Its a shame that often now on here alot of spoilt people seem to think we should be in the Championship .. We are Southend United. I remember where we came from and where we have been and I'm just glad we have friday nights and saturday afternoons, and potentially a bright shiny stadium with an ambitious chairman... if it doesnt happen then it doesnt happen, but why spend the next 2 seasons worrying about it? Utterly pointless

This season with a depleted squad we have played some cracking football and but for a bit of luck we would be sitting behind the leaders. I cant wait for Leeds on friday because I reckon we are going to give them a lesson.

would it be too much to say I love this post more than kevin maher

regardless of will we wont we re:Fossetts, theres is a definite possibility that we might have to say goodbye to Roots Hall, dont know about you lot but this years flashed by so far for me, and im sure the next will! saying goodbye the hall? thats a bit mind blowing.

Hmm, do we though is the question I ask myself.....:unsure:

johnny herd looked good tonight no doubt, I made a point of really keeping an eye on him tonight and have to say he looked fine out there, his long throws could really serve us well this season would urge tilly give him time on the pitch

AB in his interview put in a small plea not to demand too much too soon from Jonny.

Fair enough, we're not expecting miracles but he seems to be more than capable. Yeah he'll have iffy games, but so will Moussa, so will Grant, actually so will any of them. If the money for a left back would help us elsewhere on the pitch, then I'd prefer to do that.

Fair enough, we're not expecting miracles but he seems to be more than capable. Yeah he'll have iffy games, but so will Moussa, so will Grant, actually so will any of them. If the money for a left back would help us elsewhere on the pitch, then I'd prefer to do that.

its a real dilema IMO, herd looks like he is going to be a cracking left back and hopefully will do it in a SUFC shirt, but I know the view at the club is that he will be a good player but isnt quite ready for the rigours of a full season, patience could be the key for all parties

Very eloquent, answered many, many questions.

Accepts that maybe the Revell situation could have been handled slightly better by the club, refuses to put the blame all on GK.

There is no financial crisis. All businesses and football clubs struggle with cash flow from time to time and this situation has been heightened by this recession and the fact that the banks have closed their doors. This means that the lending situation has had to be circumvented by putting more equity into the group which is what is happening.

(Polite note - to anyone who doesn't understand that paragraph above then that is a clear object lesson to perhaps keep your traps shut and let the people who know how to run businesses run them without needless and panicked interjection by people who haven't got a scooby doo about what actually happens in big business. Sorry if that offends anyone but I'm sick of reading posts by people who seem to think that all RM has to do is go and get some money from the tree or under the stones in the rockery to put things right.)

ST likes a squad of 19-21 max and 2-3 more players will be coming in. We need a permanent left back and a striker.

The Col U boys would have stayed if we had anything to do with it but it was normal to recall them as the new manager wants to look at the whole squad.

The tax debt is more of an irritant because the new rules would have allowed us to pay it over a period of 6 months rather than in 1 lump but it will be paid. The financial issues relate to money management rather than anything else and it is being managed.

We can survive easily by staying at RH but that is not the aim. We want to compete at CCC level and we need a new stadium and facilities to do that.

People should acknowledge we are in a transitional stage and the club is being progressed forwards.

Now, for all the rubbish and bs posters that will no doubt denounce this as more spin etc etc yadayadayada, consider this.

Aside from the Revenue, the only major person we owe money too is Ron.

He will not allow the club to go into administration because then he would lose his money.

It is more in his interests than anyone elses to keep us afloat.

In any event, in a couple of years we'll all find out whether it was a pack of lies or not, won't we?

......and this is the reason why I didnt chant "King Out", "Sack the board", or protest in anyway shape or form. Because if King does go out, and we sack the board, we will most probably no longer be a club, because we would probably not survive.
I posted on here the other day that Ron Martin and co are the best to run this club, and I stick by that comment. The protest will fall upon deaf ears, Martin will not sack King, or any other members of the board imo, we will be out of this current situation very soon, the protesters are wasting their time and voices which could be used more usefully by chanting more and getting the crowd going. Was quite dissapointed that some supporters decided to wait behind after winning 3-0 against our local rivals to protest, it ruins what was a great result imo.

I agree that King was harsh on his comments with Alex Revell, but is it worth wasting our breath over? I dont think so. So my own personal message to the protesters is this, our club is in safe hands, you are wasting your time with these protests.

Moving off this topic, I am absalutely delighted that we got our first win of the season against rivals Orient, makes it all that sweeter, may the winning continue, next up, Leeds! 3 pts will do nicely against them!

UTB!
SS1

......and this is the reason why I didnt chant "King Out", "Sack the board", or protest in anyway shape or form. Because if King does go out, and we sack the board, we will most probably no longer be a club, because we would probably not survive.
I posted on here the other day that Ron Martin and co are the best to run this club, and I stick by that comment. The protest will fall upon deaf ears, Martin will not sack King, or any other members of the board imo, we will be out of this current situation very soon, the protesters are wasting their time and voices which could be used more usefully by chanting more and getting the crowd going. Was quite dissapointed that some supporters decided to wait behind after winning 3-0 against our local rivals to protest, it ruins what was a great result imo.

I agree that King was harsh on his comments with Alex Revell, but is it worth wasting our breath over? I dont think so. So my own personal message to the protesters is this, our club is in safe hands, you are wasting your time with these protests.

Moving off this topic, I am absalutely delighted that we got our first win of the season against rivals Orient, makes it all that sweeter, may the winning continue, next up, Leeds! 3 pts will do nicely against them!

UTB!
SS1

I actually thought the protesters were right to do it when they did, whether we agree on the protest actually happening at all is an already well debated issue but they didnt do it during the match and backed the team very well during the 90 mins whatever they do after that is up to them

I actually thought the protesters were right to do it when they did, whether we agree on the protest actually happening at all is an already well debated issue but they didnt do it during the match and backed the team very well during the 90 mins whatever they do after that is up to them

Err they did do it during the match, mind you it only impacted on supporters in blocks W/V of the West as the expected 100's of protesters turned out to be around 10 ;)
At one stage just before the end of the game the protesters took their flag down to the front of the stand and proceeded to block the view of the North Bank Goal for several supporters, and were quite abusive when asked to get out of the way so that we could watch the game.
By all means protest if you feel the need, but don't ruin watching the match for other supporters :madman:

Lets hope everyones listens to the Link when its up from the BBC Essex site

Just leave the fella alone and the ground is in its final stages now we have been in the worst ressesion for 80 or so years Banks and were not Lending to each other let alone Southend United

WE ALL MARCH TOGETHER

Err they did do it during the match, mind you it only impacted on supporters in blocks W/V of the West as the expected 100's of protesters turned out to be around 10 ;)
At one stage just before the end of the game the protesters took their flag down to the front of the stand and proceeded to block the view of the North Bank Goal for several supporters, and were quite abusive when asked to get out of the way so that we could watch the game.
By all means protest if you feel the need, but don't ruin watching the match for other supporters :madman:

oh right I was a bit further down the west and didnt hear a peep

Oh and by the way whoever placed the flag there, i can tell you catergorically you couldn't read it from the Directors box as it was hanging too low!

Some great posts on here. As I see it, RM owns enough of the club to call all the shots without consulting anyone. He chooses to let people have their say and will have open discussions with supporters - that's very good of him. The King protests, OK he is a PR disaster that man, but RM isnt going to sack him so lets move on. I would hope that lessons are learned and he will not make too many more PR statements.

Money for the new stadium - RMs comments seem consistant and sensible with many businesses in the country at the moment and I for one believe him. That being said, lets see what happens at the end of November!

Back