• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

I would like to ask if there are any plans for Steve Tilson and Paul Brush to take German/Italian/Spanish/Portuguese lessons?

Something for Ron to consider.

Shouldn't take too long to learn 'Like I Say' in 4 languages.

;)

Sorry to get all serious after some very funny comments/questions, but my question is simple (ish!):

You often say that the ancillary activities around the stadium will financially benefit Southend United, the football team, but please can you explain how? Who is going to be the landowner that gets the right to rent, etc from the ancillary activities? On the assumption that the landowner is not (directly or indirectly) Southend United Football Club, why should that landowner distribute any of its profits or income to the football club, even if the landowner and the football club happen to be in the same group of companies? Aside from having a nice new stadium with more modern facilities, how will the new complex benefit the football club financially if the football club is not the owner of the ground or any of the surrounding facilities? Surely the proposal is not that another company gives the football team financial handouts through the goodness of its heart? You will of course be aware that the directors of the landowner company will owe a duty to maximise profits for the benefit of its shareholders and not to distribute profits to another company unless it makes financial sense to the landowner company.

I can't think of a catchier way to phrase these questions, but this is the essence of the question as to how the stadium is meant to benefit the club. Please note Ron has said he will only answer the most commonly asked questions. If you think you'd like to know the answer to these questions, please confirm below that you'd like to ask Ron this to add numbers to these important questions. If SZ proves a number of us want to know the answers and have asked Ron, he will need to answer them.

Just a small further question to add on this point. If the Landowner/Development holding company was sold on at any point, Are there any safeguards in place to protect the future of the football club?

One more - I can't find any evidence of your medal in the Olympics. Can I have pictorial proof?

Don't think it was ever said he won a medal. In fact, by the looks of it, his involvement may have only been peripheral. According to the UK Olympics site:

clicky

...he was part of the "Olympic Bobsleigh team". This is confirmed in these two articles:

Echo - para 19
Times - 2nd piece down

However, according to this site:

Clicky

...it seems he didn't make it into the final cut for the 4-man team (or indeed the two man team)... although, interesting, Switzerland had a "Roland Marti" in their squad, who scooped silver...

;)

Ron,

Could it be arranged for a pre season tour abroad somewhere? , perhaps making use of the contacts the club has with CD Javea?

Or doing what a number of other CCC clubs do & tour Ireland/Scotland, not just relying on their local non-league neighbours and one "big" friendly against a not particulary crowd drawing Premiership team...;)

Don't think it was ever said he won a medal. In fact, by the looks of it, his involvement may have only been peripheral. According to the UK Olympics site:

clicky

...he was part of the "Olympic Bobsleigh team". This is confirmed in these two articles:

Echo - para 19
Times - 2nd piece down

However, according to this site:

Clicky

...it seems he didn't make it into the final cut for the 4-man team (or indeed the two man team)... although, interesting, Switzerland had a "Roland Marti" in their squad, who scooped silver...

;)

Fair enough. I stand corrected

How much does it cost for stewards on matchday (and possibly the market if that is part of SUFC) and is there a fee paid to Essex Police for matchdays?

Back