• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

I disagree about T & B not buying older players there have been plenty other than Goater.

Andy Edwards, Spinner, Efe Sodje, Lee Bradbury, Dougie Freedman, Kevin Betsy to name a few who would never see 30 again when we signed them.

They were a while back other than Betsy & he didn't have the past like the others & rumour has it, Freedman wasn't Tilly's doing! I guess that what Freedman is being paid would be enough to entice a few of those who have turned us down!

Maybe RM will tell us how he got Freedman to play for us on paltry wages, because he isn't!

They were a while back other than Betsy & he didn't have the past like the others & rumour has it, Freedman wasn't Tilly's doing! I guess that what Freedman is being paid would be enough to entice a few of those who have turned us down!

Maybe RM will tell us how he got Freedman to play for us on paltry wages, because he isn't!

And you know this how? Played golf with Tilly lately? We have a chairman who communicates with the fans more than any other we have ever had, and I would warrant more than any other League One chairman, and you happily come on here doubting his sincerity based on your "gut feeling" and calling into question the signing of Freedman on no evidence whatsoever except what you choose to believe from the rumour mill.

Why the hell would you do that? Or is taking the contrary position just an ingrained habit with you???

:headbang:

Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah

Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah

Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah

Blah Blah Blah Blah.

Righty Oh then...

But Freedman is on a fairly modest wage, isn't he? From what I've heard he conducted contract negotiations without an agent and only wanted the average wage of the squad.

I liked his general complimenting of our fans though despite his self-consciousness of it sounding sycophantic. I also agree with the remarks about away games...though every game is an away game for me and though I love being at the Hall, there is something special about being part of an away caucus. There are less whingers and more vocal support, or so it feels even if it is not objectively true...

I've just read it and think its rubbish. It kind of reads as that to be a supporter you can't criticize or moan in anyway. It's put up or shut up. B****cks football is about opinions, and every fan has one. Does this guy thinks he's some sort of dictator.

What winds me up is I work with some Millwall supporters (unfortunately). They pay £250 for a season ticket. How can we charge £380? Wigan charge a similar amount to Millwall and thats to watch premiership football rather than league one dross.

I'm sorry but you can only rely on fans loyaty so far before questions have to be asked.
Absolutely ridiculous saying people can't vent their opinion under Rons 'dictatorship'. I'm sure you'd like people texting you saying why aren't you doing this, even though they haven't a clue about what you're actually doing. As long as you would enjoy that.

Regarding the Millwall pricing, whatever it is is pointless.

Southend United FC have expenses, wages, transfers & other outgoings. If you would rather we cut the budget by 30%, less signings, much worse quality, then I think you're extremely stingy.

No idea how you've managed to find out what Freedmans on, surely that's some sort of offence?

And you know this how? Played golf with Tilly lately? We have a chairman who communicates with the fans more than any other we have ever had, and I would warrant more than any other League One chairman, and you happily come on here doubting his sincerity based on your "gut feeling" and calling into question the signing of Freedman on no evidence whatsoever except what you choose to believe from the rumour mill.

Why the hell would you do that? Or is taking the contrary position just an ingrained habit with you???

:headbang:

I have my opinions like everybody else & I'm not a sheep & follow the flock.

Having met RM I found him insincere, which is where my mistrust of him comes from. The bloke is a businessman & is out to keep his lifestyle going & SUFC is the vehicle that will help this. I don't care if he makes a killing out of SUFC providing the club can improve, survive & compete. I'm not even bothered about doing a Hull, Burnley or Reading, although a taster would be nice.

As for where I hear these things, doesn't matter as it will only have the pee taken out of it. Even if it had come directly from the mouth of RM or Tilly, people will just say its bollocks. All I know is I'm satisfied with what I think.

If you look at the accounts, look at the current economic climate & look at the money the club needs to part with to get the stadium to point where it can start to build, then a cut budget is no real shock! That said RM will be struggling to argue if when the stadium starts being built & Tilly still isn't being given funds!

Paul Furlong, almost 40 when we signed him a year ago (about the same time as Betsy).....

Strolls down memory lane are all very well but RM didn't address two issues which have been raised here and elsewhere recently.
Namely why the switch to so many Friday night games?
It suits me personally but then I'm not a season card holder living out of town as so many are.
Also, why are we only in the market for loan players and trialists these days?
Where has all the money gone?
I'll support the club whatever Division we're in and whoever's playing for us but my feeling is that we're gonna struggle in Division 1 next season.

Strolls down memory lane are all very well but RM didn't address two issues which have been raised here and elsewhere recently.
Namely why the switch to so many Friday night games?
It suits me personally but then I'm not a season card holder living out of town as so many are.
Also, why are we only in the market for loan players and trialists these days?
Where has all the money gone?
I'll support the club whatever Division we're in and whoever's playing for us but my feeling is that we're gonna struggle in Division 1 next season.

Where has it been said that we are only after loan players?? And we always have a look at trialists - surely it makes sense to try before you buy? And I'm sure RM mentioned in the blog that we tried to but Theo and Ben Chorley on a permanent basis not a loan or on trial.

I guess that what Freedman is being paid would be enough to entice a few of those who have turned us down!

Ben Chorley agreed terms with us, he just chose Orient.

Theo Robinson agreed terms with us, We just wouldn't be held to ransome over a fee.

So now you're moaning that we have a player the calibre of Freedman, with the basis of your argument being a complete fabrication? Right.

I agree there should be more activity in the transfer market, But I also agree that Tilson and Brush are doing all they can to ensure we get the right players in for the right money.

Yes.From the Eastwood transfer and receipts from MU and the two Chelsea games for example.
Well, how much do you think we made from those games and transfer fees? (Eastwoods transfer was 2 years ago Sunday, whilst the United game was almost 3 years ago) ~2m?

Now I ask you, how much will the stadium cost? You may say the stadiums not worth it, but the fact is we're building a stadium and 2m is but a drop in the ocean.

<
Well, how much do you think we made from those games and transfer fees? (Eastwoods transfer was 2 years ago Sunday, whilst the United game was almost 3 years ago) ~2m?<

But the Chelsea games were last season

<Now I ask you, how much will the stadium cost? You may say the stadiums not worth it, but the fact is we're building a stadium and 2m is but a drop in the ocean.
<

Let's face it the money we're NOT spending on players IS probably going to finance the new stadium but as far as I'm aware not a brick's been laid yet and maybe never will.

Ben Chorley agreed terms with us, he just chose Orient.

Theo Robinson agreed terms with us, We just wouldn't be held to ransome over a fee.

So now you're moaning that we have a player the calibre of Freedman, with the basis of your argument being a complete fabrication? Right.

I agree there should be more activity in the transfer market, But I also agree that Tilson and Brush are doing all they can to ensure we get the right players in for the right money.

So how is it complete fabrication? You base this on what?

I don't players coming to the club & bleeding it dry through silly wages. I rate Freedman & seeing what he had done at Leeds the previous season proved that he was worth signing. However, I would much rather spend money on a player like Theo (I know his wages weren't an issue!) or Clarke who will give you at least three seasons rather than be a bit part player.

Back