• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

What I find concerning is that, in his quick and seemingly willing condemnation of Southend fans for fighting amongst themselves - King has displayed how he regards our fans. This could be viewed as him looking at the fans with a degree of contempt. Certainly his stance towards us in the past has provoked ire amongst supporters. This is an attitude not befitting of someone in his position.

At the very, very least, I would expect a lengthy retraction and humble apology. I would also expect Ron to prevent King from making public statements in future unless approved by Ron first (it is clear from what Ron says in his blog that he only read King's statement after it was published).

What I find concerning is that, in his quick and seemingly willing condemnation of Southend fans for fighting amongst themselves - King has displayed how he regards our fans. This could be viewed as him looking at the fans with a degree of contempt. Certainly his stance towards us in the past has provoked ire amongst supporters. This is an attitude not befitting of someone in his position.

At the very, very least, I would expect a lengthy retraction and humble apology. I would also expect Ron to prevent King from making public statements in future unless approved by Ron first (it is clear from what Ron says in his blog that he only read King's statement after it was published).

or thats what he would have you believe anyway.

Canning Town? East Ham? Ilford? Forest Gate? Manor Park? Silvertown? West Ham? Barking? Romford? Stratford? Bethnel Green? Hackney? Chadwell Heath? Seven Kings?

Islam is in the heart of all Muslims so that could be any of these places and anywhere else.

or thats what he would have you believe anyway.

On this occasion, I don't doubt it at all. RM was seemingly extremely busy with the final push for the stadium go ahead at the beginning of the week, so I reckon GK did do this without his knowledge. You do have to trust deputies sometimes in any profession, unfortunately here, his has let him down.

Chairman's Blog

Obviously if they were wearing colours they would never have got into those seats in the first place.

In answer to some of the points which people have written to me about; Geoffrey King and Dave Jobson were given information by the authorities and reported that in good faith. Having read Geoffrey’s statement myself yesterday I could never understand that Southend fans would be fighting amongst themselves and after now speaking to the authorities they now accept that this was probably a misunderstanding and may have looked as such with “Southend supporters scrambling across the seats in the melee”.

As I say, having looked at the video, I can see absolutely no evidence of Southend fans fighting amongst each other and why would we? We are all working to the same end, you, I and the Club,

Firstly, If "they were wearing colours they wouldn't have got into those seats" is wrong. How many people on here have said they openly saw leicester fans in home end wearing leicester shirts. So i'm sorry Ron, but that is one point you're brushing past. Who's at fault there? stewards? security? STADIUM MANAGER?

Ron has seen the video. He should now know GK was talking bollocks. He should also know if he wants to keep his good rapport with the fans, then he will act swiftly and deal with GK. After all the crap we've had to put up with, this is the proverbial straw that broke the camels back. GK OUT!

Lastly, WE are all working to the same end yes. I, like many others will agree, believe Geoff King is not.

Oh and by the way, take Jobson with you

I've just stopped laughing. This is backpedalling of the highest order. So no evidence of the fans fighting each other after all? What was in the statement the other day - they were reviewing CCTV to identify the Southend fans who were fighting? Mr King should have been absolutely clear of the facts of such strong allegations before putting out a statement virtually declaring war on the so-called troublemaking fans. This was a massive PR disaster and Ron knows it. No more heated accusations now either of our fans having cost the club money on police costs for a game where the police should have already had a visible presence when trouble was on the cards (at least when it was clear that spirits were getting high and there had been mixed seating allocations). After there was apparently no evidence to back up the statement the other day, Ron now wants to put everything behind us.

Note the veiled implications that Ron is not responsible for the bad mistakes that other people at the football club make (just as with the blog that dealt with the Foran situation). "I of course cannot be involved in everything that goes on in the Football Club." That's absolutely true, but it can also be very convenient. We all know that Mr King and not Ron put out the statement the other day. Did Ron not see or discuss in advance such an important public statement by a senior board member criticising the fans? We don't know. But it's interesting how it's now Ron who comes out with the soft appeasing statements showing he's really a friend of the fans. Good guy, bad guy approach?

What concerns me most is that despite the blogs having been run for weeks, there is STILL no attempt to answer the fundamental questions over the club's financial future that some of us have asked. What is the financial model for the club after the move to the new stadium (and not the financial benefits for Ron's other property companies)? On what basis is the new stadium complex going to generate a lot of money for the club to spend on the team which (we are told) will be sufficient to sustain the club as an established Championship club going forward? What is the financial long-term future for the club after we have moved to the new stadium? Why have these questions still not been answered?

1) a statement that went out in local papers. So now local people/families/potential future southend fans, may have the impression we are a bunch of trouble-makers and decide not to come to games.

2) as long as we stand strong, ron won't be ALLOWED to sweep anything past us

3) If ron knew about it, he is employing a very devious yet clever tactic. He MIGHT have known, he might not. We will never know. Either way its worked in his favour. coincedence?
And surely if he didn't know about this, then GK has to face severe repercussions.

I don't RM will get King to retract his statement. I think he feels that he is the head honcho & if he says something that is good enough! How misguided!

I think King has personal issues with certain supporters, especially True Blue, as it would be a big fluke if it just happens to use the Headline that he did. I could could be totally wrong & if so, I will ask my Mummy to write a note for me to apologise on my behalf!

I've never slated RM before, other for some reason & I don't know why, that I don't trust him. I'm sure it is probably down to the behaviour of previous Chairmen. I don't intend slating him now, but Ron, if you're reading this, your statement is a cop out (no pun intended!) & a feeble attempt to sweep the King matter under the carpet. Even if you won't sack him or publicy critisise him, please make him retract his statement with as much publicity & vitriol as his first unfounded statement!

Rant over!

UTB!

Middle of the pitch, against cheltenham, wearing only a pair of old grey y-fronts.

Firstly, If "they were wearing colours they wouldn't have got into those seats" is wrong. How many people on here have said they openly saw leicester fans in home end wearing leicester shirts. So i'm sorry Ron, but that is one point you're brushing past. Who's at fault there? stewards? security? STADIUM MANAGER?

Am I the only one that assumes that they might have had jumpers on when buying their tickets rather than balzingly wearing 'colours' ?
I haven't seen one thread saying that they saw away fans buying tickets , or walking into the stadium etc etc

yes they should ahve been thrown out as soon as they diosplayed colours but again- I haven't seen one thread when a southend supporter has said that they saw an away fan in the stadium, asked a steward to throw them out and nothing was done.

The stewards can't see everything, the fans probably see a lot more
Happy to be corrected on the above, and if I am wrong then these points should be raised to the club as they would be 'evidence' which contradicts what the club is saying

sorry- just trying to keep this thread a little more balanced, as it is all one way which genreally speaking doesn't lead to reaonsed arguements coming to the surface.

so questions
Did anyone witness 1st hand away fans buying tickets for the home ends
Did anyone witenss 1st hand away fans walking into the stadium in colours
Did anyone witness 1st hand away fans in colours in thehome end AND COMPLAIN ABOUT IT TO THE STEWARDS

If the answers to any of the above is yes then this should/could be presented to the club
cheers dave

1) a statement that went out in local papers. So now local people/families/potential future southend fans, may have the impression we are a bunch of trouble-makers and decide not to come to games.

2) as long as we stand strong, ron won't be ALLOWED to sweep anything past us

1) Going past who sold the tickets it was still "Southend fans" that attacked the heavily out-numbered Leicester fans. That would make me think twice about sitting there with my family

2) What is he trying to sweep past you? Why this, at times, almost one man crusade to rid a man of his job whilst a country is gripped in a recession and huge un-employment. He made a mis-informed statement, hes not trying to merge you with WHU

The King statement was made by him in his capacity within the club. We now have this refuted and corrected by the top person within the club. Hopefully it is dealt with internally and Ron let's King know who is boss, as at the very least such comments about our fans are not going to do much for the image of the club or attract potential commerical tenants to the new ground.

However, I'm not really too sure what demanding ' an apology' from King will achieve. Even if he did, it is likely to be by way of a press release on the website or the echo, probably drafted by a member of staff. From my perception (and the stats) the record of the club in terms of crowd trouble is pretty good, and if they learn from this one off incident then so much the better.

I'm embarrassed that our chairman wasted his valuable time and efforts responding to the email about padded seats, but other than that I don't think there is much more to criticise him about in this blog.

The King statement was made by him in his capacity within the club. We now have this refuted and corrected by the top person within the club. Hopefully it is dealt with internally and Ron let's King know who is boss, as at the very least such comments about our fans are not going to do much for the image of the club or attract potential commerical tenants to the new ground.

However, I'm not really too sure what demanding ' an apology' from King will achieve. Even if he did, it is likely to be by way of a press release on the website or the echo, probably drafted by a member of staff. From my perception (and the stats) the record of the club in terms of crowd trouble is pretty good, and if they learn from this one off incident then so much the better.

I'm embarrassed that our chairman wasted his valuable time and efforts responding to the email about padded seats, but other than that I don't think there is much more to criticise him about in this blog.

To late for sorry King must go!

To late for sorry King must go!

Exactly. His apology is worthless. What kind of 'individual' would come out PUBLICLY and blame his own fans! and of course, add that to the existing fact he has dumped on us before. It's time to go

;) Thank heavens for Mr. King. Shrimperzone would have made very dull reading over the last few days if it were not for him?

1) Going past who sold the tickets it was still "Southend fans" that attacked the heavily out-numbered Leicester fans. That would make me think twice about sitting there with my family

2) What is he trying to sweep past you? Why this, at times, almost one man crusade to rid a man of his job whilst a country is gripped in a recession and huge un-employment. He made a mis-informed statement, hes not trying to merge you with WHU

Firstly, one man? not quite.

Secondly, it is not my fault this country has these problems. It is also not my fault GK made these comments. Do you want me to feel sympathy toward him? You've got more chance of me putting a col u shirt on.

Lastly, i don't know how many times you want to ask me, or in how many different ways, but i will always respond the same;

King has let his club's fans down once too many. It's time up

Not being funny mate but you know **** all about whats going on and how we have been treated!

Firstly, one man? not quite.

Secondly, it is not my fault this country has these problems. It is also not my fault GK made these comments. Do you want me to feel sympathy toward him? You've got more chance of me putting a col u shirt on.

Lastly, i don't know how many times you want to ask me, or in how many different ways, but i will always respond the same;

King has let his club's fans down once too many. It's time up

Not disputing you on this point, and apologies if it has been mentioned elsewhere, but out of genuine interest, what other occassions has Mr King let us fans down?

Not disputing you on this point, and apologies if it has been mentioned elsewhere, but out of genuine interest, what other occassions has Mr King let us fans down?

Manchester United tickets for a start!

A general lack of respect for supporters

as said he Let fans in the East Stand down to firstly ignor comments about what happened

he has taken the west stand and blamed us for fighting each other!

there are more...

Manchester United tickets for a start!

A general lack of respect for supporters

as said he Let fans in the East Stand down to firstly ignor comments about what happened

he has taken the west stand and blamed us for fighting each other!

there are more...

why? Yes there were long queues but I thought the club did a good job

Back