• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Not disputing you on this point, and apologies if it has been mentioned elsewhere, but out of genuine interest, what other occassions has Mr King let us fans down?

The manchester united ticket fiasco was one major point. Everyone knows that story. TBH i would have liked to see him go AFTER THAT. total disgrace

The two times we've played West ham in pre-season friendlies, the club have openly sold tickets to home end tickets to west ham fans. This is once again putting sufc fans in a volatile situation.

Just two off the top of my head

The manchester united ticket fiasco was one major point. Everyone knows that story. TBH i would have liked to see him go AFTER THAT. total disgrace

The two times we've played West ham in pre-season friendlies, the club have openly sold tickets to home end tickets to west ham fans. This is once again putting sufc fans in a volatile situation.

what's the story?

The West Ham friendly is a good point, but they'll always get into the home ends... however I remember it kicking off in the south stand upper because some spammers thought it was ok to wear colours and then abuse Darryls dead brother

Neither will amount to gross misconduct, and the time span for those incidents wouldn't enable it to be continuing misconduct either. Therefore we would have to pay him off or there would be a nice unfair dismissal claim. No idea how much he is on, but I'd hazzard a guess that it would cost a similar amount with which we could buy an up and coming lower league dominating centre back, or use the money to go towards keeping one of our better players on a new contract.

He has been extremely foolish in this instance (even IF he was only acting on information given to him at the time) but Id rather Ron dealt with it and put him in his place.

why? Yes there were long queues but I thought the club did a good job

'Fraid not mate. The club openly stated;

"all those who want a man utd ticket, MUST attend the game vs Hull at roots hall."

There were a good few hundred people who did this, yet did not get a ticket for the man utd game, despite standing in freezing cold weather for hours in a queue. One of these was my dad, a blues fan who has been going to games for over 40 years!!!

WHY you ask? because on the day of general sale, the club sold tickets to people even if they DID NOT have a ticket stub from the Hull game

Neither will amount to gross misconduct, and the time span for those incidents wouldn't enable it to be continuing misconduct either. Therefore we would have to pay him off or there would be a nice unfair dismissal claim. No idea how much he is on, but I'd hazzard a guess that it would cost a similar amount with which we could buy an up and coming lower league dominating centre back, or use the money to go towards keeping one of our better players on a new contract.

He has been extremely foolish in this instance (even IF he was only acting on information given to him at the time) but Id rather Ron dealt with it and put him in his place.

So branding your fans thugs and liers which later became unfounded is not gross misconduct? over 100 people on here have voted at over 80% want him gone I think its clear!

Oh don't get me wrong, i totally agree! King won't be sacked. He would have to step down, which we know he won't do.
But that will not stop me and hundreds more in saying he should go.

So branding your fans thugs and liers which later became unfounded is not gross misconduct? over 100 people on here have voted at over 80% want him gone I think its clear!

Im not giving my personal opinion here....Ive had my run ins with the guy before and am not seeking to defend him. However, legally speaking, no I do consider this would be anywhere near constituting gross misconduct and warrant instant dismissal. Rather than getting involved in that I would far rather funds be used more productively.

Not only that I once on this forum Called public Mr King a naughty word then I am getting a phone call from the club saying Mr King wants me to go see him, I refused as I am not getting summond by nobody!!! so what happens he arranges it so my season card gets blocked so I can't get into the ground and Jobson picks me up outside the ground and takes me to see him where I am FORCED to apologise so I can watch football!

Now yes I was wrong to say what I did and I did apologise but thats was digusting back hand tactics to make me have to say sorry and plead to I could watch my team play!

I lost respect for Mr King that day.

I did not want to tell you all about what happened but as you all looking to find out what he is like well there you go!

Im not giving my personal opinion here....Ive had my run ins with the guy before and am not seeking to defend him. However, legally speaking, no I do consider this would be anywhere near constituting gross misconduct and warrant instant dismissal. Rather than getting involved in that I would far rather funds be used more productively.

So steve wignall did not have a clue but why can't football managers claim unfair dissmissal!

Not being funny mate but you know **** all about whats going on and how we have been treated!

Fair do's mate, i am not here as a wind up merchant. I am not even posting as a Leeds fan, simply as a football fan with no agenda :)

'Fraid not mate. The club openly stated;

"all those who want a man utd ticket, MUST attend the game vs Hull at roots hall."

There were a good few hundred people who did this, yet did not get a ticket for the man utd game, despite standing in freezing cold weather for hours in a queue. One of these was my dad, a blues fan who has been going to games for over 40 years!!!

WHY you ask? because on the day of general sale, the club sold tickets to people even if they DID NOT have a ticket stub from the Hull game

Surely ticketing problems will occur when a club isn't used to selling vast amounts of tickets in a short time span.

If you were in the play-offs would this still be being discussed. I worry that this has seemed to really wind some people up, there is nothing you can do or we as football fans can do. There is no point making yourselves ill, surely you know by now that WE as football fans are second rate citizens only good for paying wages. What we think, want or care about counts for nothing

Not only that I once on this forum Called public Mr King a naughty word then I am getting a phone call from the club saying Mr King wants me to go see him, I refused as I am not getting summond by nobody!!! so what happens he arranges it so my season card gets blocked so I can't get into the ground and Jobson picks me up outside the ground and takes me to see him where I am FORCED to apologise so I can watch football!

Now yes I was wrong to say what I did and I did apologise but thats was digusting back hand tactics to make me have to say sorry and plead to I could watch my team play!

I did not want to tell you all about what happened but as you all looking to find out what he is like well there you go!

Mate that is wrong but they know they have you by the short and curlys. The vast majority will stick with their team through thick and thin and they know that. Instead of rewarding loyalty they would rather stab fans in the back. I understand why your angry, its just something that you as fans won't win. Also someday you might need them to help you out, don't make yourselves enemies of the club. The only people that lose are the fans.

Again that sounds bang out of order and an over the top reaction (though as you admit, you made the first issue / abuse in this case), but again I doubt would merit him being dismissed. However, would you be happy that your personal issue with him be rectified by him being dismissed and recieving a pay out, or would you rather put this to one side and any such pay out funds used for better more productive means?

I can understand people's annoyance, but these people are not politicians elected by us and given authority by us. People have every right to do polls, or facebook groups, but Im not sure it will achieve much or serve much benefit. If Ron is having to effectively apologise or retract a statement from his employee which has been critical of the fans / blue voice then that to your credit. Surely the best impact you can now make on him, in light of all this, will be to deal with things evenly and rationally so when making requests for sections of the ground, drums etc etc you are demonstrating you are a well run and thoughtful group of fans, not a mob demanding (king's) blood.

Mate that is wrong but they know they have you by the short and curlys. The vast majority will stick with their team through thick and thin and they know that. Instead of rewarding loyalty they would rather stab fans in the back. I understand why your angry, its just something that you as fans won't win. Also someday you might need them to help you out, don't make yourselves enemies of the club. The only people that lose are the fans.

I say nothing a good protest won't fix LOL :clap:

So steve wignall did not have a clue but why can't football managers claim unfair dissmissal!

We had to pay Steve Wignall off. That was a sensible commercial decision which proved the right one. Im not sure spending money to pay King off would be good use of our funds.

I have plenty of friends at the club but at the same point there are those who want me out.

The ball is in Mr Kings court this is not a roit this is not a hate war this is a peaceful protest about how we feel we have been let down

I have plenty of friends at the club but at the same point there are those who want me out.

The ball is in Mr Kings court this is not a roit this is not a hate war this is a peaceful protest about how we feel we have been let down

I don't doubt that you do mate, i just don't see the point in getting yourself too worked up. Make the most of a lovely St Georges day and go out and enjoy the sun ;)

I can understand people's annoyance, but these people are not politicians elected by us and given authority by us. People have every right to do polls, or facebook groups, but Im not sure it will achieve much or serve much benefit. If Ron is having to effectively apologise or retract a statement from his employee which has been critical of the fans / blue voice then that to your credit. Surely the best impact you can now make on him, in light of all this, will be to deal with things evenly and rationally so when making requests for sections of the ground, drums etc etc you are demonstrating you are a well run and thoughtful group of fans, not a mob demanding (king's) blood.

That sums up what i was trying to say, well done to number11.

that's one way to sit on the fence!
It most certainly is :cool:

why? Yes there were long queues but I thought the club did a good job
Laughable comment really Pubey. I take it you didn't know anyone queueing up on the last day. They knew how many tickets they had, yet my dad stood queueing up, missing a day of work, unpaid, to get a ticket, and they couldn't be bothered to go down the queue and ask how many people wanted and then said 'you lot wont get any' so they could go home.

It most certainly is :cool:

Laughable comment really Pubey. I take it you didn't know anyone queueing up on the last day. They knew how many tickets they had, yet my dad stood queueing up, missing a day of work, unpaid, to get a ticket, and they couldn't be bothered to go down the queue and ask how many people wanted and then said 'you lot wont get any' so they could go home.

I was in the queue for the last day, got there at 7am and was served at about 1pm IIRC. I assume they didn't go out and feed info to the queue because they were all busy working in the office. I personally thought they did a pretty good job seeing as they had little time to do it.

I didn't know that people were sold tickets without hull stubs, but I had mine taken off me when i got my tickets.

Scott
there is clearly more to this which is none of buisness and I don't want to know. But TBH mate is someone called me a XXXX and I had a way of forcing them to explain themselves then I would certainly consider taking that option.

I am guessing that your true issue is that he was not prepared to talk through the reasons for your diagreement and potentially agree to disagree but instead it sounds like he said 'apologise or you are not going in'- which is somewhat childish to say the least

Anyway none of this should deflect away from the issues on Saturday.
I have never met him and therefore do not have a view prior to this week BUT The fact that his initial postion was to blame us, until evidence suggests we were in the wrong rather than defending us until evidence proved we were to balme is massively incompetant and appears to say a lot about the man.

Dave

Back