• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Taunton_Shrimper

Youth Team
Apologies if this has been discussed among the many transfer threads around at the moment but of the back of the turner & kightly announcement and the possible "wow" signing still to come I'm asking myself, have we ever had a wage bigger wage bill? I don't know what these ex-prem guys are on money wise but they haven't come here for 500 quid a week and a stick of southend rock.

Where is the money coming from to fund all this, I know we havent paid fee's for these guys so excuse the ron's found his warchest jokes, where is sudden onset of money coming from?

This is in a no way a negative thread, I am 1000% excited for the season with all these superstars playing for us and really hope we rip the division up...I just don't want us to fail and end up in the conference in 3 seasons time in an unrecoverable mess.

UTB

There have been over double the leavers to the new arrivals.
For sure the new guys (and Len!) will be on a higher wage scale but maybe Ron and PB have the sums balanced................just about................and hoping for a good start,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,and a couple of cup runs!:unsure:

A cheeky trip to Wembley in the third round of the EFL Cup to play the Spuds and we're sorted for the season. Simple.

My guess is that Ron is totally confident that FF will start soon. That of course means RH becomes his big payday because there will be over 600 units going on the site.

So why not spend some of your inheritance in advance and make the club even more attractive to a potential buyer if they are in the Championship.

My guess is that Ron is totally confident that FF will start soon. That of course means RH becomes his big payday because there will be over 600 units going on the site.

So why not spend some of your inheritance in advance and make the club even more attractive to a potential buyer if they are in the Championship.

That was the original definition which Ron called the war chest. Are you seriously suggesting, after all these years, that the war chest has been found?

I think a lot of the funding into the club has come about thanks to our youngsters being cherry picked by bigger clubs, tbh if that proves to be the case then it's not a bad business model. It may fall apart if we become one of the bigger clubs though

Despite all the posts, I'm not sure that anyone of here has any accurate information of a) the state of finances in the Ron Empire b) the running finances of the club and c) the wages being paid to any member of staff except the people that work in the bar.

So, it's all speculation.

My speculation (for what it's worth) is that there are many factors to consider such as the finances of running S.U.F.C. came into balance about a season ago (i.e. once we were back in Division 3) (and that is a guess) and that coupled with Ron's property business improving and some player sales and getting rid of Sainsburys has all meant that Ron can sit more confidently at the hair salon and ponder on making an "investment" in players for the hoped for gain of increased attendances and, may be, even promotion.

My bet is that Head and Shoulders have ditched Hart and Buffon and have gone with Ron Martin as their brand ambassador.

"*I'm asking myself, have we ever had a wage bigger wage bill?"
In actual numbers probably not, but as a percentage of turnover , I would guess that the season with Whelan Marsh etc would top it

No-one with any financial sense in football creates a yearly budget, banking on a cup run that may or may not materialise. If we did have one this year, then that would only strengthen our position financially, not meet the budget.

No-one with any financial sense in football creates a yearly budget, banking on a cup run that may or may not materialise. If we did have one this year, then that would only strengthen our position financially, not meet the budget.

I think it would make financial sense to wind the club up and distribute the funds to shareholders like myself.

I would also like the Fiorentina flag that used to be on the ceiling of the East Stand Bar.

The likes of Anton and MK and MT have made their money from football already. ok they wont be on peanuts but neither will they be on silly money here either. They are here to play week in week out and enjoy it

Can't help thinking that transfer money from selling Lenny was supposed to help fund the wages (BTW It's great that Lenny appears to be staying...)
And players may be on a nice bonus only if we get promoted

Payne and Bents money and also is the share pot for the lower leagues also higher this season as well?

From what I've heard we've got a new shirt sponsor on board so that could be going some way to help!

from a position of total ignorance I'd imagine that it something like 2 seasons in Div 3 + Payne + Bentley + Haydon + assorted youths + releasing some squad players = fewer, better players and more reliance on current youth players.
I have no idea for sure but that makes some sort of sense to me.
Pure speculation

Apologies if this has been discussed among the many transfer threads around at the moment but of the back of the turner & kightly announcement and the possible "wow" signing still to come I'm asking myself, have we ever had a wage bigger wage bill? I don't know what these ex-prem guys are on money wise but they haven't come here for 500 quid a week and a stick of southend rock.

Where is the money coming from to fund all this, I know we havent paid fee's for these guys so excuse the ron's found his warchest jokes, where is sudden onset of money coming from?

This is in a no way a negative thread, I am 1000% excited for the season with all these superstars playing for us and really hope we rip the division up...I just don't want us to fail and end up in the conference in 3 seasons time in an unrecoverable mess.

UTB

Sorry Taunton. I couldn't help myself:winking:

Back