• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

yogi bear up the cagire

Life President⭐
I'm interrupting my holiday in order to write this blog because I do feel that I need to clear the air regarding one or two of my earlier statements. You know that they say you become wiser with age, yet sometimes, in my case you have to question that assumption. Now, with the benifit of hindsight, I realise that I should have been rather more guarded in the things that I said concerning transfers.
In my defense I'll tell you that I am as keen as all of you out there to see new blood brought into the club in order to give us that extra cutting edge we all desire to see. With that in mind, combined with a desire that we should learn from our previous mistakes, I was rather swept along with enthusiasm and hope in saying that this summer we will make early signings and not leave it till the last minute, as it was last year. This of course flies in the face of reality concerning the complexity and volatility of the transfer market. I should have, of course realised, that finding new players, especially early in the close season is an art of hope rather than certainty.
Unfortunately, I came to learn that even hope is a dangerous word to employ. A short time ago I compounded my first error by saying that I hope Steve will be signing a replacement for Peter Clarke. Now, of course, we all know that did not sadly come to fruition.
I'm sorry for having built everyones hopes up on what eventually turned out to be two rather rash statements and particularly with the latter I should have known better that to say anything before the ink was dry on the contract. I hope that you will understand that I got a bit carried away with my enthusiasm and my desire to bring you news that you all crave to hear. In future I think I shall keep my mouth shut on this front and trust that you will understand that, behind the scenes, we are doing everything possible, within our power, to make the necessary improvements to our existing squad. I wish you all very pleasant summer holidays and until the next time UTB!

Ron Martin

Last edited:
I don't know about "early in the close season" but if we take the close season to be the period from our last League game to our first friendly we are actually 83% of the way through it.

Ron is holidaying in St. Gauden's?

I really can't say too much.................betraying confidences and all that. However Clara is rather peeved about having to give up her room for Ron, just when she's doing her Bac. and my wife doesn't stop complaining about the fact that he's on his mobile all hours of the night and morning.
Tilly and Brush don't cause any problem as they're in the garden, sleeping in the tent. If anything they are the ones to complain as they have to put up with incessant attacks from our cat. If I've told them once I've told them a hundred times, our cat's called 'Tigrou' and not 'poulet'...........don't honestly know how they confuse the two.
Anyway, I don't think it will be giving too much away to say that all three are taking a keen interest in Saint Gaudens Rugby League side ......
........so the news for next season is not all negative. I predict that we could well be serious contenders for the crossbar challenge.

Back