• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

southchurch

Manager⭐
Ron has done and continues to do an outstanding job at Southend United. He has had many a sleepless night in his heroic attempt to drag this club higher up the football ladder. He believes we have the players currently at the club who are capable of achieving that goal this season. However he has become alarmed at the current level of performance on the pitch. He realises as does Phil that it is not acceptable and must improve quickly.

illK6U.gif

Brown won't last if he doesn't get us up this season, and nor should he. Too many capable players in both first and second string

If true maybe he should look at other teams in and around the top 7 or so each have won a string of games then lost a couple .The top of the table has changed hands many times all ready this season .So what is the stress .

Hang on a minute my friends. Ron has got us in a position where we can afford the squad we have - let's not knock the man for this. However we all know the figures don't stack up. How he's got us in this position is what concerns me. It makes me wonder what the future holds.

Ron has done and continues to do an outstanding job at Southend United. He has had many a sleepless night in his heroic attempt to drag this club higher up the football ladder. He believes we have the players currently at the club who are capable of achieving that goal this season. However he has become alarmed at the current level of performance on the pitch. He realises as does Phil that it is not acceptable and must improve quickly.

You are Ron Martin and I claim my £5 worth of shares in L'oreal.

Suggest you ring NHS Direct......ask for dementia referrals

:hilarious::hilarious::hilarious::hilarious::hilarious::hilarious::hilarious::hilarious:

When Sturrock first arrived he had to build, in essence, an entire squad. Fans were alarmed initially and then buoyed by many of the signings and high levels of expectation ensued. The following Sturrock seasons produced numerous signings of which many were lauded. Brown has continued in the same vein. The constant has been the support RM has provided in order to enlist players and if things had been as tight as many speculated then he has done a good job and if I were him I would wonder just what I had to do to get a consistent side on the pitch that might actually get promotion.

Some of the stat boys might like to add up how many signings the club has made in the PS/PB era.

Isn't it funny that you can completely ignore how we were dragged through financial turmoil for years, almost bankrupt, court cases, still no stadium and 10 million + in debt, yet seem so disappointed that Phil Brown has us at only 5th in the league you had to start a thread about it.

When Sturrock first arrived he had to build, in essence, an entire squad. Fans were alarmed initially and then buoyed by many of the signings and high levels of expectation ensued. The following Sturrock seasons produced numerous signings of which many were lauded. Brown has continued in the same vein. The constant has been the support RM has provided in order to enlist players and if things had been as tight as many speculated then he has done a good job and if I were him I would wonder just what I had to do to get a consistent side on the pitch that might actually get promotion.

Some of the stat boys might like to add up how many signings the club has made in the PS/PB era.

I think not forcing his managers to live with transfer embargos would be a start. This is the first season in years we havent had one. Maybe if he had been doing such a good job we wouldnt have had them for 4 years and wouldnt have been relegated in the first place to then require promotion.

Back