• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

THE SEVENTIES NORTH BANK

Life President⭐⭐
Everything is fine and you have nothing to worry about.

The latest late payments was caused by one of those blasted Bank Holidays that appeared out of knowhere.

Our scout has been monitoring the best players from Three different well known clubs, Concord, Canvey and Billericay. We also have many youngsters sort of ready to fill in all the gaps left by those greedy deserters.

The Digger has a few mechanical problems at the moment, but should be ready any month now. In fact, to prove I am a hands on Chairman, I have been spending many hours of my valuable time trying to fix it myself.

I was told by Brian Wheeler that there is a large number of West Ham fans in Essex. So as a masterstroke to bring in much needed revenue, we now have a Claret away kit. Who says I am out of touch with Southend fans?
Remember, the more you invest in the club, the more fun I get in making it disappear.

People keep asking me why don't I try and get the transfer embargo lifted. I say 'Hey, if we sign players then they go on the wage bill', that's very bad, so the embargo is a handy thing to have at the moment, long may I let it continue.

I have also been heavily criticized for letting our only goalscoring striker Lee Barnard go for a paltry £150,000 when we could have got a lot more much needed money for him. The way I look at it is this. In 1972 Southend sold Bill Garner to Chelsea for £100,000. They have a similar scoring record, and yet I managed to get 50% more (Pie Chart to follow), without bartering with Southampton or the players agent, leaving me free to concentrate on things that matter to us Southend fans.

Our fans seem to be concerned that because of the player exodus, we may basically be playing last seasons reserve side in Div 2 next season, and that they kept getting thrashed 4,5 or 6 nil as they were full of our youth players. Although I haven't been in football that long, my view is that surely the Division 1 reserves is a lot stronger league than Division 2, and we will start winning 4,5 or 6 nil instead with these same players. After all, we need to be in the Championship to make the club viable.

In my eyes we are still in this upward spiral.
So keep buying the season tickets and new kits and just 'Believe'.

Last edited:
Yes and Ron has also reportly said that Southend will only be in League two for one season and by letting go our few decent players he is well on the way to us getting out of League two very quickly and into the Conference.

Regardless of whether anyone believes what he says any more, we could certainly do with a blog update from Ron. Maybe I just want to hear him say everythings ok & going to plan, in the way you may draw some desperate comfort from hearing your boss say you're not going to lose your job even though deep down inside you know the company's going bust.

If anyone on here has serious connections to the club please let Ron know the levels of concern we all have. We need to know when the embargo will be lifted. We need to know what the plans are for new players, and how many we intend to sign either permenantly or on loan. We need to know if work is going to start on the stadium this summer or not. Has the position of assistant manager been retired for now. And so on. And if he doesn't know the answers, ok (or not), but tell us the truth.

These are not knee jerk questions but ones all fans want genuine answers to. I think most of us can accept it won't all be good news but at least we'd know the score. Its the being kept in the dark that pi55es everyone off.

Regardless of whether anyone believes what he says any more, we could certainly do with a blog update from Ron. Maybe I just want to hear him say everythings ok & going to plan, in the way you may draw some desperate comfort from hearing your boss say you're not going to lose your job even though deep down inside you know the company's going bust.

If anyone on here has serious connections to the club please let Ron know the levels of concern we all have. We need to know when the embargo will be lifted. We need to know what the plans are for new players, and how many we intend to sign either permenantly or on loan. We need to know if work is going to start on the stadium this summer or not. Has the position of assistant manager been retired for now. And so on. And if he doesn't know the answers, ok (or not), but tell us the truth.

These are not knee jerk questions but ones all fans want genuine answers to. I think most of us can accept it won't all be good news but at least we'd know the score. Its the being kept in the dark that pi55es everyone off.

We (The Zone Owners) have been in contact but the last we heard from his secretary was that he was recovering from an operation.

We (The Zone Owners) have been in contact but the last we heard from his secretary was that he was recovering from an operation.

Has he had some lips sewn to his bum cheeks so that he can talk out of his arse better?

And that's all you're gonna do?

I demand you go and smash the place up at least.
Or make something up.

Funny you should mention knee jerk,as I understand Ron is recovering from a knee operation,probably caused by his long jumping antics during his Southend Athletics Club days! He has been in considerable pain,by all accounts.

I've had a really **** day at work today and can't see it getting any better in the near future could Ron lend me a pair of rose tinted please, please, please.

Funny you should mention knee jerk,as I understand Ron is recovering from a knee operation,probably caused by his long jumping antics during his Southend Athletics Club days! He has been in considerable pain,by all accounts.

So he does know how to take a runnning jump then?

He has been in all accounts and caused considerable pain.

Edited for accuracy.

Back