• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Ron's sacking of PB was...

• Total voters

Striker
Was Ron eager, patient, or woefully late in getting rid of PB?

Couple of weeks too late, should have been after Northampton imo but in regards to the poll I'll say about right

Too late. We’re now giving the new manager less than two weeks of the transfer window to strengthen a squad that desperately needs strengthening.

Probably too late but he obviously didn't want to sack him. Phil's 9 lives finally ran out.

What's the secret to running a successful football club?

Timing.

I would imagine that Chrissy Powell my lord will already have ideas on the playing staff he would like at the club.

If Maher and Duncan are in charge at the weekend, I wonder if they will showcase Bwomono, Wabo, Kyp and Yearwood to show what they are all about?

I voted just right as it is difficult to judge. We'll only know if it was too late as the end of the season.

Certainly wasn't too early.

I would imagine that Chrissy Powell my lord will already have ideas on the playing staff he would like at the club.

If Maher and Duncan are in charge at the weekend, I wonder if they will showcase Bwomono, Wabo, Kyp and Yearwood to show what they are all about?

Nice idea in theory, but I would think the dynamic duo will pack the side with experience with the instruction 'do not lose'.

Couple of weeks too late, should have been after Northampton imo but in regards to the poll I'll say about right

So you think it was late, but you're going to vote just right? Do you have trouble at elections ? :winking:

Probably just right bearing in mind Season ticket renewals will more than likely start in the coming weeks (it seems to happen earlier every year).

The cynic in me thinks that Ron was one eye on the gap to relegation and another eye on season tickets and the fact a fair few might not renew with Brown in charge.

Hey presto, change in manager, and either Chris Powell or the Cowley brothers coming in might encourage people to renew

Far too late. Whoever comes in needs time to assess strengths and weaknesses, see how the players interact with each other during training and decide what reinforcements are needed, all in barely two weeks. Should have happened weeks ago, as it stands the new man, whoever he is, is immediately under more pressure than he needed to be.

Back