• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

He hasn't realised the 1980's ended. Hang the DJ.

Don't get it at all. Don't mind easy listening cheese but I just want to fill Karen Carpenters mouth with biscuits to stop her warbling. If only I'd been around at the time eh?

Yeah probably correct....try watching the Karen Carpenter story....She had the voice of an angel.

He hasn't realised the 1980's ended. Hang the DJ.
It has? Damn, I was going to wow everyone with my new Global Hypercolour t-shirt and Explosive Fibres Trackies this weekend.

Don't mind easy listening cheese but I just want to fill Karen Carpenters mouth with biscuits
I like biscuits and I'd fill her mouth with cheese. Well, before she weighed 2 stone anyway.

Yeah probably correct....try watching the Karen Carpenter story....She had the voice of an angel.

I remember Shaun Ryder being interviewed in Smash Hits containing the following classic (from memory)

Q - Do you think kids will see you glamourising drugs and start experimenting themselves?

A - When I was a kid I liked The Carpenters but I didn't go out and become an anorexic woman.

1) Baked Beans - horrible horrible food, seemed to be loved by everyone.
2) People who play music out of phones - just generally really annoying.
3) Garth Crooks - not much to say really...
4) Foxes - disgusting animals, also cause damage to my car by being suicidal
5) 'Kanye West' glasses - nothing says ******** like a pair of plastic glasses which do nothing.

1 People on trains who think because they have a fat arse they should have half your seat as well
2 Driving in Central London. Cyclists, cab drivers and traffic lights every 100 meters
3 X Factor
4 Gog Wan
5 Jodie Marsh

That is so wrong DS...without Saturday Night Fever ....we would never of had the disco era......now go wash your mouth out!

You've more or less nailed on my reasons for picking the Bee Gees there. That and their stupid squeeky voices. ****ing chipmunks. :witch Hunt:

Hang on whats wrong with Kindles ??

Books don't run out of batteries / give you another ****ing screen to look at. Don't mess with perfection. :Naps:

Heathen. Try roasting raw beetroot it in the oven with some olive oil.

All hail the beetroot :Worthy: ....and let cucumbers burn in hell.

3. People who bellow down mobile phones, or play their music loud in the quiet zone on the train anywhere.

Amen. :soapbox:

1 Middle lane drivers on motorways (Learn the rules of the road before you go out, Idiot)
2 1984 by George Orwell, just didn't get it (Oh, wait...)
3 The whole celebrity culture
4 Peanut butter (Pukesville)
5 Stoke-on Trent (What a dump)

1. The theme tune to "Two and a Half Men" - I mean...."menly men"? Surely someone could have come up with something less irritating

2. The binge drinking culture - I'm sorry, I know there's probably quite a few out there that partake, but why do people have to get so drunk they lose control of not only their legs and guts, but also their bladders. It's not clever and it's most definitely unpleasant to witness

3. Cristiano Ronaldo - even a glimpse of him on the box these days has me screaming in rage at him, diving, cheating winker

4. Benefits scroungers - it's a minefield for an honest person to try and get through so how do these wastrels find it so easy to defraud and cheat the system?

5. Another vote for automated telephone systems, bring back customer service, bring back human voices at call centres!

1 - Radio DJ's that arent actually DJ's, as the prodcuer or someone else plays the music while they just talk

2 - Bob Crow

3 - Slow walkers, especially those that go to overtake another slow walker, but dont, as they're both walking slow, and then the whole pavement gets blocked, then i, the one who is actually intent on actually getting somewhere, has to walk in the road :(

4 - The kids who live near me... why do you have to draw a massive murual of N-Dubz in chalk on the pavement 5 yards from my front door? This is Southend, not the f**king Bronx!

5 - The parents of the above youth, and similar youth, who think society is to blame for there childrens short-comings, while they sit around in there dressing gowns, watching Jeremy Kyle, and bad mouthing the people on it, without the slightest hint of irony (oh, and they probably dont go to work).

2. The binge drinking culture - I'm sorry, I know there's probably quite a few out there that partake, but why do people have to get so drunk they lose control of not only their legs and guts, but also their bladders. It's not clever and it's most definitely unpleasant to witness

Because it's really funny?

And one of the last remaining methods of purifying the gene pool...

4 - The kids who live near me... why do you have to draw a massive murual of N-Dubz in chalk on the pavement 5 yards from my front door? This is Southend, not the f**king Bronx!
I saw it and it definitely had your tag on it, stop blaming the kids for your love of N-Dubz.

1 - Radio DJ's that arent actually DJ's, as the prodcuer or someone else plays the music while they just talk

2 - Bob Crow

3 - Slow walkers, especially those that go to overtake another slow walker, but dont, as they're both walking slow, and then the whole pavement gets blocked, then i, the one who is actually intent on actually getting somewhere, has to walk in the road :(

5 - The parents of the above youth, and similar youth, who think society is to blame for there childrens short-comings, while they sit around in there dressing gowns, watching Jeremy Kyle, and bad mouthing the people on it, without the slightest hint of irony (oh, and they probably dont go to work).

Someone's killed N-Dubz?

1) Talent/Celebrity Talent shows, so the whole X-Factor, Strictly and I'm not a Celebrity pack. If this is what passes for entertainment these days, then we're well and truly naffed as a species.

2) Bob Crow. Enough said.

3) Dodgy ****ing Pharmaceutical companies. Large swathes of my job are spent trying to decipher facts from their PR ******** or hassling them for comment or clarification.

4) Hobbies that pose as Sport. Darts, Snooker, Driving and the like. Every single year we're posed with the same mundane argument about why Phil Taylor isn't properly recognised in the Sports Personality of the Year awards. Probably because it's not a sport, it's a game played by drunken lardbuckets in a pub, watched by drunken morons in a pub. What about Doris McDeirdre who's really good at Bingo? Should she be nominated for Sports Personality of the Year? No.

5) Richard Scudamore. Money-grabbing, arrogant gobshite whose fascination with Asia is at the detriment to the national team.

where are you working Liam?

Because it's really funny?

And one of the last remaining methods of purifying the gene pool...
For "funny" read "sad". I cringe when I see the tv programmes of young Brits on holiday and just hope that my daughter in particular, is a lot more sensible than some of the young women you see. There is nothing at all ladylike or appealing about a drunken girl spewing her guts on the pavement with everything on display for all to see. I realise that makes me sound all very old and fuddy duddy but there are times when I really do feel it!

Back