• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Interesting stats there.

Roots Hall also came 11th in the character stakes out of 92!

and in league 1 we were 2nd and 3rd in the character and atmosphere categories respectively

Good old crusty Roots Hall :smile:

Not bad for us, although pleasing to see Stadium MK last, where they deserve to be. Also made me laugh to see The Emirates down in 76th, can't shake off the ghost of Highbury the Library!

Not to mention Wet Spam way down in 84th!... and we have a better atmosphere than Old Trafford.:smile:

I am guessing it gets a good mark for atmosphere because of the acoustics for away fans----------- not necessarily a good thing from our perspective

I am guessing it gets a good mark for atmosphere because of the acoustics for away fans----------- not necessarily a good thing from our perspective

the acoustics in the away end are awful. The shape of the roof makes it sound loud when you are in there, but thats because the roof just diverts the sound back at you. with a more normal shaped roof (ie lower at the back, higher at the front) it projects the noise a lot better out towards the rest of the ground.

:sad: No onion rating, sadly!

Our pint rating isn't too shabby.

All in all, a fine effort all round.

the acoustics in the away end are awful. The shape of the roof makes it sound loud when you are in there, but thats because the roof just diverts the sound back at you. with a more normal shaped roof (ie lower at the back, higher at the front) it projects the noise a lot better out towards the rest of the ground.

We are all entitled to our views , but I think you might be mistaken . What you have written goes against everything I have ever read about the North Bank . It also goes against what I hear at Roots Hall when a few hundred supporters can muster more noise than what a similar number of us can do singing in V&W generate

We are all entitled to our views , but I think you might be mistaken . What you have written goes against everything I have ever read about the North Bank . It also goes against what I hear at Roots Hall when a few hundred supporters can muster more noise than what a similar number of us can do singing in V&W generate

Agreed, the noise from the away end is brilliant.

Yes the design of the North Bank does make the sound reverberate around inside the stand..that may be the beauty of it. Rather than hundreds of voices going out into the open it creates an internal cauldron ..which can be bloody loud and audible around the ground.

Interesting stats there.

Roots Hall also came 11th in the character stakes out of 92!

and in league 1 we were 2nd and 3rd in the character and atmosphere categories respectively

Good old crusty Roots Hall :smile:

Very true F.F

Wonder how high-higher we would have been if that (stat) had been taken in the late 60s-70s??

Back