• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Roots Hall atmosphere

overseas shrimper

Life President⭐
I've heard and read a lot about the fact that the atmosphere at Roots Hall is not what it should be and that certain fans (as I have always known it) get on the player's backs as soon as they play a stray pass or do something else wrong (or if we're not 1-0 up after 15 mins).

I have also noted that the general feeling (and from what it sounds like to me listening in on games) is that we play better away from home.

Just a thought; are the two issues related in any way? Does the "Roots Hall Syndrome" play any part in all this?

rock.gif

There is less presure away from home as normally a draw is a good result.
At home teams expect to win so but moaning when it's not happening.
I think every club is the same.

P.s From Bournemouth fan

Probably had one of the best support to come to DC this season. Over the last month we've had Yeovil, Southend and Huddersfield pretty much selling out their section of the East Stand (and the South Stand) but with less fans you managed to be alot nosier than them.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/dna/mb606/F2231915?thread=2796871

[b said:
Quote[/b] (col u @ April 23 2006,08:31)]P.s From Bournemouth fan

Probably had one of the best support to come to DC this season. Over the last month we've had Yeovil, Southend and Huddersfield pretty much selling out their section of the East Stand (and the South Stand) but with less fans you managed to be alot nosier than them.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/dna/mb606/F2231915?thread=2796871
We made more noise than you at Barnsley
tounge.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (overseas shrimper @ April 23 2006,09:50)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (stickyboy @ April 23 2006,10:46)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Up the Shrimps @ April 23 2006,09:34)]http://www.bbc.co.uk/dna/mb606/F2231915?thread=2796871
We made more noise than you at Barnsley
tounge.gif
for the record Col.U took a whooping 153 to Barnsley!
That figure probably includes the squad and all the club officials.

biggrin.gif
[/QUOTE]
And it was a headcount, so you need to divide by 3
wink.gif

with regards to the count remember that some of those people from the inbred part have 2 heads so halve the figure again

I think it is related. At Barnsley we were the 12th man, and I'm confident it'll be similar at Swansea. Yesterday the atmosphere was pathetic.

Started off well, but a dodgy performance does have a habit of killing the roots hall atmosphere. The goal killed any chance there was of there being one.

It will be worse than at Barnsley, no one is going to be sitting with each other, all the singers dispersed, I hope I can move to a decent spot with people singing!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Casual Shrimper @ April 24 2006,00:15)]It will be worse than at Barnsley, no one is going to be sitting with each other, all the singers dispersed, I hope I can move to a decent spot with people singing!
Swansea will be fine. Did you look around at Barnsley 99% of Southend fans were singing.

We will hopefully have about 2,000 at Swansea and will make a good noise. Mind you I think Swansea will also get behind their team. All their singers will be to our left in the East Stand quite close to us, so should be a bit of banter as well!

Back