• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Roots Hall Food

Javea Shrimper

Spotted in The Daily Mail's "Answers to Correspondents", Wednesday 28 April; someone has asked the following question :

If a football match is postponed at very short notice, what happens to all the pies, hot dogs, etc?

Now we know. They are simply packaged up, piled onto the back of an old Ford Transit and driven down to the Roots Hall car park where Brian Dear hands over three or four soiled £50 notes (depending on quantity) and then distributes to the catering points around the stadium.

What? He doesn't?

Certainly tastes like it ...

WS

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Banksy @ April 29 2004,07:53)]Didn't he play for the Hamsters !
Brian Dear? or  Tidy Fortune?
Brian Dear played for the Hamsters and Millwall, used to bang in quite a few, in the days when they'd have a sesh' the night before (nothing changed there then) and a fag at half time. Quite a leg end around Green street.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (The Artful Shrimper @ April 29 2004,08:59)]
[b said:
Brian Dear? or Tidy Fortune?
Brian Dear played for the Hamsters and Millwall, used to bang in quite a few, in the days when they'd have a sesh' the night before (nothing changed there then) and a fag at half time. Quite a leg end around Green street.
One fag for the whole team? Poor lad.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (overseas shrimper @ April 29 2004,08:01)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (The Artful Shrimper @ April 29 2004,08:59)]
[b said:
Brian Dear? or  Tidy Fortune?
One fag for the whole team? Poor lad.
He didn't did he ? Wow !

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Banksy @ April 29 2004,08:12)]
biggrin.gif
 you guys.

I'll be amazed if there is one poor Southend fan who hasn'theard Brian go on about his 5 goals in one match story.

biggrin.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Napster @ April 29 2004,08:42)]I'll be amazed if there is one poor Southend fan who hasn'theard Brian go on about his 5 goals in one match story.

biggrin.gif
Never !

He's never told me about it.
sad.gif
 However I was there on the day the said event occurred and 5 goals in 20 minutes is good at any level, especially the old First Division.
wink.gif

Those were the days ! Mooro, Hurst, Peters, Chocco, Ferguson, Bonzo, Rednapp (could he fly - just like Clarkeeee) etc !

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Banksy @ April 29 2004,09:06)]Those were the days ! Mooro, Hurst, Peters, Chocco, Ferguson, Bonzo, Rednapp (could he fly - just like Clarkeeee) etc !
I'm sorry, have we turned into a Wet Spam board all of a sudden?

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Napster @ April 29 2004,09:09)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Banksy @ April 29 2004,09:06)]Those were the days ! Mooro, Hurst, Peters, Chocco, Ferguson, Bonzo, Rednapp (could he fly - just like Clarkeeee) etc !
Apolgies !.
Just reminscing.
I'm a true Blue !

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Didn't he play for the Hamsters !

No, the Hamsters line-up has always been

Snail's-Pace Slim - Guitar, Vocals
Rev. Otis Elevator - Drums, and
Ms. Zsa Zsa Poltergeist  - Bass
with Dave Bronze ocassionally depping on Bass

biggrin.gif

biggrin.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (TerryintheWest @ April 29 2004,09:25)]
[b said:

biggrin.gif

biggrin.gif
Always prefferred Eddie and the Hot Rods from the Southend /Canvey Rock scene days......Do anything you wanna do...classic

[b said:
Quote[/b] (The Artful Shrimper @ April 29 2004,09:29)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (TerryintheWest @ April 29 2004,09:25)]
[b said:

biggrin.gif

biggrin.gif
Always prefferred Eddie and the Hot Rods from the Southend /Canvey Rock scene days......Do anything you wanna do...classic
I've got that on Sound of the Suburbs. Great track. Pub rock was born in Canvey/Southend- there's a great book about pub rock called No Sleep Till Canvey Island: The Great Pub Rock Revolution by Will Birch which goes on about it. The Blue Boar is mentioned.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Banksy @ April 29 2004,09:12)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Napster @ April 29 2004,09:09)]
[b said:
Apolgies !.
Just reminscing.
I'm a true Blue !
It's alright. It's hardly glory-hunting a la FM.

biggrin.gif

Back