• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Roots Hall Paintings

Are the prints of the inside under west and this new south stand prints available?
I believe prints of the second west stand painting (which I’ve titled half time in the west stand) should be available imminently, hopefully within days if not sooner!😁 I’m sure the shrimpers trust will confirm availability on here. I’m currently waiting confirmation from the trust regarding the go ahead for prints of the latest retro south bank one. (Maybe they are waiting to see the reaction to my recent post of it)

A nostalgic one for the older fan. The south bank terrace.

View attachment 22111

Look, I'm already struggling to find the words to tell my wife that we have to find wall-space for the first two prints. And now this one!

This one perfectly captures where I used to stand on the South Bank with my father when he first took me - about one third of the way up the bank, halfway between the right corner flag and the goal. Is that the old programme shop at the top, or was that further round behind the goal?

I'm going to be confident and assertive when I tell my wife that this one is coming too. I think I will email her.

Look, I'm already struggling to find the words to tell my wife that we have to find wall-space for the first two prints. And now this one!

This one perfectly captures where I used to stand on the South Bank with my father when he first took me - about one third of the way up the bank, halfway between the right corner flag and the goal. Is that the old programme shop at the top, or was that further round behind the goal?

I'm going to be confident and assertive when I tell my wife that this one is coming too. I think I will email her.
I was wondering about the old program shop. I thought it was further round towards the South West corner but really can't remember clearly.
I love the memories that Chirpy's painting are bringing back.

It could be the old programme shop or it could be a refreshment van, (I'll let the viewer decide) I can't quite remember anything there myself but there was something in one of the old photo's I used for reference but I couldn't quite make out exactly what it was so I have used a bit of artistic license on that particular detail. I wanted to include it as I liked the idea of featuring somewhere to get a half time cuppa (or matchday programme) even if this is not historically accurate. I seem to remember there being a refreshment outlet in the little building by the corner flag between the south bank and the east stand for a period of time but does anyone remember if that came later after most of the south bank was dismantled?

I vaguely recall a burger van and the programme shop (which I think was an old caravan with a drop down counter/serving hatch) both being at the top of the stand. I was no more than 10 or 11 years when I started standing on the old South Bank so I can't be sure. Always used to badger my dad for enough money to buy a match day programme and a second old programme from the shop.

The old caravan with the drop down counter does fit with what I have attempted to depict and what appeared to be in the rather grainy image I used as a guide for painting the picture so maybe it is reasonably accurate. Thanks for your input, it's reassured me that I'm not too far out with my retro painting and It's great to reminisce.

I'm going to have to find a bigger walls already have the first one. My abiding memory of the south bank is buying the massive wagon wheels in the paper bag s

I'm going to have to find a bigger walls already have the first one. My abiding memory of the south bank is buying the massive wagon wheels in the paper bag s

For the sake of nostalgia Mrs RHB bought a pack of Wagon Wheels as we browsed a supermarket. If you don't want to sully the memory of those glorious chocolate wheels of the past, do not buy today's version, absolutely revolting.

The demise of the once great wagon wheel is a very sad thing. In the world of chocolate biscuits I feel it is only the humble penguin which has remained reasonably consistent over the years.

Hmm, technically speaking I think I should have said 'in the world of chocolate bars' not chocolate biscuits.

Half Time In The West Stand

We are pleased to say that the second West Stand print of an original painting by Keith Bird is now available. It can be bought from the Trust stall in the Shrimpers Bar on match days at £15, or online here.

View attachment 22281
I can’t seem to find this one listed on the website - once you click the “here” button for online purchase the only one there is the first painting

Back