• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

The Big Shrimp

Zone Photographer
Am I the only one thinking that the lack money spent on the pitch is starting to bite us on the arse?

The pitch cuts up worse than I've seen it for a long time & this is before the recent heavy rain.

Considering we play the ball on the floor a lot more these days, it has more importance.

The pitch has been ****ed ever since the west ham friendly - that game shouldn't have been played but 'finances' dictated that it had to go ahead.

So I am guessing from the above we spend less on the pitch than we do in wages!! :winking:

Or it could be due to the fact that we had a drought at the start of the year and then the wettest year on record and its seen temperatures of -4 already.

Once the weather turns it will be a fairway again

Isn't our old groundsman at Arsenal? Or am I making this up?
Neil West our groundsman left for Spurs a good few years ago.He is also a part time referee at non league level.

Neil West our groundsman left for Spurs a good few years ago.He is also a part time referee at non league level.

Was he the guy that used to walk round with a Blackburn Rovers wooly hat on?

Probably also has something to do with the fact that our "groundsmen" are young lads that just flick a fork across the pitch aimlessly.

Sometimes the fork and the pitch actually make no contact at all !
May as well carry an egg whisk

And the fact Ron Martin is not spending money on the pitch
ginger told us a while back the they need sand etc but Martin refuses to buy

And the fact Ron Martin is not spending money on the pitch
ginger told us a while back the they need sand etc but Martin refuses to buy

Sound common sense then at a time when the club is struggling to afford to pay for more important priorities like players' wages and the HMRC.

Back