• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Roots Hall Planning Application

Tinks

Worlds Greatest Cook.⭐⭐
Had an email this morning from SBC informing me of the weekly planning applications submitted.
And there it is on page 11 - SUFC have submitted their plans for RH development but nothing about FF

Attachments

• 6420DDC9-F144-4BD2-9984-BF73B2324FFA.png
    6420DDC9-F144-4BD2-9984-BF73B2324FFA.png
    358.2 KB · Views: 74
Here is a link to all the 10 pages of planning documents relating to the proposed plans for the redevelopment of Roots Hall.

Link

@Tinks mentioned this, as well, on the 'Stadium Update' thread with a link to the proposal brief if you want to move that onto here, as well.

@Tinks mentioned this, as well, on the 'Stadium Update' thread with a link to the proposal brief if you want to move that onto here, as well.
Think this deserves it's own thread, the "Stadium update please" thread is mainly about the new stadium at Fossetts Farm, not the Roots Hall development.

Which comes first the Chicken or the Egg that is the question, but to be fair it's only PP.

We have had planning on FF umpteen times and still not a brick in site, but RH is nowhere near the scale of that.

Thinking about it. It's possibly just to add value to the sale price as a kind of sold with planning granted option.

Thinking about it. It's possibly just to add value to the sale price as a kind of sold with planning granted option.

I would think that is the case.. Just another piece in the 10000 jigsaw.. Lets hope RM is not missing the last few pieces.

The applicant for the plans at Roots Hall is Southend United, now who owns RH ??? One wonders who is paying for these plans and who will benefit from the profit ????

Interesting that the new Roots Hall Development plan no longer includes the redevelopment of St Mary's Court or the parade of shops down Victoria Avenue near the traffic Lights that have been boarded up with SUFC blue stuff all over them.

So it looks like Pizzaman and Super Pizza will be staying put and Ron will no longer be shelling out loads of dosh for their golden net eggs and retirement plans.

Roots Hall Plan 1.jpg

Roots Hall Plan 2.jpg

First phase to be completed by winter 2021. Then stadium knocked down in winter 2021 and phase two finished by 2025, by which time SUFC should be in new ground. No warning bells there then!

First phase to be completed by winter 2021. Then stadium knocked down in winter 2021 and phase two finished by 2025, by which time SUFC should be in new ground. No warning bells there then!

If the Roots Hall is knocked down in winter 2021 then the new stadium (or at least 3 sides of it) will be ready by then...

If the Roots Hall is knocked down in winter 2021 then the new stadium (or at least 3 sides of it) will be ready by then...

In 2 years! ..well I wish I had your optimism or at least a gallon of what you are drinking. :Stunned:

Even Forest Green Rovers have had their new ground approved in no time at all:Tumbleweed:

Huge plans, big big money.
500 plus homes with maybe average price tag of 200k = 100 million at end of construction sales.
Any idea on profit mark on housing? 30 % ? Or 25% makes a tidy sum AND I suspect my quick guessing is very south of true reckoning.
I am pleased shops aren't going to get/fleece Ron more, they ought to have taken money years ago like SALE Appliances did, and iirc, it was better than fair market price.
St Mary's flats are okay ish so may as well stay as this is no longer a vanity wish dream project.

Back