• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

THE SEVENTIES NORTH BANK

Life President⭐⭐
On Tuesday, Southend Council's cabinet was due to discuss whether the authority should continue with the threat of a compulsory purchase order to buy Prospects. However, Southend United failed to provide the necessary documentation in time for the debate to be held, surprise, surprise.
You have to wonder whether Ron Martin is serious about Roots Hall, Prospects, Pizza man and Fossetts. It seems to be more delaying tactics, rather than full steam ahead. Just another in a long line of deadlines broken, missed or messed up.

Sorry guys, I know any sort of new stadium talk is getting very boring, and just a big let down, but some on here would like to know the latest.

That is a worry !! I was hoping with PB signing a new contract, he would have an inkling that things were looking more positive. Our lack of funds is becoming a real concern to me.

That is a worry !! I was hoping with PB signing a new contract, he would have an inkling that things were looking more positive. Our lack of funds is becoming a real concern to me.

I don't think this deadline was missed due to lack of funds from what I am hearing, it's more lack of will, which is just as worrying.

Sorry, I went a bit off topic. That was just a side comment, that I decided to throw in. I agree, though. A lack of will is as worrying...

Sorry, I went a bit off topic. That was just a side comment, that I decided to throw in. I agree, though. A lack of will is as worrying...

No need to say sorry, you made some good comments. I too was also hoping that Phil Brown signing the 3 year deal was a good sign for Fossetts, as he has shares in the club as part of the deal, but the chairman might be telling him one thing, but doing another.

I don't know all the facts and only a handful at most do, but I just don't understand the benefit for this to be delayed further.

This might be wrong, but wasn't it Sainsburys who were negotiating with Prospects to buy the site and not the club which would make me wonder why the club would have to supply the documentation.

As you say, the whole stadium thing became boring a while back and we've just had repetition for the last few years about it. There was meant to be an announcement in June ... we might hear something by October or late spring!

Why ?

We have always had a lack of funds.

There have been no issues with wages going unpaid for ages now, not sure what there is happening at the moment that gives cause for concern, certainly in comparison to recent years. Things seem fairly stable from the outside at least.

Having a luck of funds has no effect on whats happening with the stadium, thats all to do with financing on a far bigger level.

May be we simply don't want prospects any more?

We needed Prospects for the mega big Sainsburys superstore. If that deal is now not going to happen- which is what we all assume then do we still need Prospects? I know it had the access to the site, but so what? . New plans may have a different entrance and may not need or want Prospects any more.

if I was Ron I would not want to commit to the CPO unless I was sure I still needed the site . If Sainsburys is dead then surely he needs to have a plan agreed for the site before committing to CPO's ? Maybe just maybe Ron has been a lot cleverer than we thought and has not committed to buying Prospects until he was 100% sure we need it . In not buying it he may have avoided a very costly mistake ?

All speculation- but isn't everything on our sodding Stadium saga.

Last edited:
I would make a comment on this topic. But I cannot be arsed to repeat everything I have said for the last 7 or 8 years. :zzzzz:

On Tuesday, Southend Council's cabinet was due to discuss whether the authority should continue with the threat of a compulsory purchase order to buy Prospects. However, Southend United failed to provide the necessary documentation in time for the debate to be held, surprise, surprise.
You have to wonder whether Ron Martin is serious about Roots Hall, Prospects, Pizza man and Fossetts. It seems to be more delaying tactics, rather than full steam ahead. Just another in a long line of deadlines broken, missed or messed up.

I read that today in the Echo too. The mind boggles doesn't it. Like you, I just want to know whats going on.

I don't know all the facts and only a handful at most do, but I just don't understand the benefit for this to be delayed further.

This might be wrong, but wasn't it Sainsburys who were negotiating with Prospects to buy the site and not the club which would make me wonder why the club would have to supply the documentation.

That's a good point..... We just don't know the legal aspects of it all and we also still don't know if Sainsburys have pulled out of the deal...

That's a good point..... We just don't know the legal aspects of it all and we also still don't know if Sainsburys have pulled out of the deal...

Agreed. But what we do know is that we were told there'd be an announcement in June. It's getting mighty close to the end of June and still no announcement, although there is still time...

Agreed. But what we do know is that we were told there'd be an announcement in June. It's getting mighty close to the end of June and still no announcement, although there is still time...
No, I rather think that that was another of the things that maybe shouldn't have been said at the AGM. "Soon" might have been a better choice of words!

Back