• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Tommy2holes

Life President⭐
As excited and nervous as I am today a strange and yet sad thought crept into my head today.

Today is another one of those special games where roots hall comes to life and the roots hall roar can be heard.

She may be crumbling she may be old but hasn't she served us so well since being built by our own. It's times like these in important games or under floodlights that roots hall shows what a grand old lady she really is.

Nobody knows for sure if Ronalds plans for world domination and a new stadium will come to fruition , but what I do know is that if they do I will miss roots hall and all the special days she has given us.

Whatever part of the stadium you sit in today makes some noise and back the side and give the old girl the respect she deserves because soon she will be a distant memory as we sit in our shiny new Lego build.

Roots hall deserves today as do the players who have been magnificent as do we.

Enjoy and raise the roof. UTB

As excited and nervous as I am today a strange and yet sad thought crept into my head today.

Today is another one of those special games where roots hall comes to life and the roots hall roar can be heard.

She may be crumbling she may be old but hasn't she served us so well since being built by our own. It's times like these in important games or under floodlights that roots hall shows what a grand old lady she really is.

Nobody knows for sure if Ronalds plans for world domination and a new stadium will come to fruition , but what I do know is that if they do I will miss roots hall and all the special days she has given us.

Whatever part of the stadium you sit in today makes some noise and back the side and give the old girl the respect she deserves because soon she will be a distant memory as we sit in our shiny new Lego build.

for Harry England and Saint George !

Even with the leaking gutters in the West stand , still be grateful for the roof and toilets which are vastly better than Exeter last Saturday ! UTB

My Dad was on the team that worked with Sid Bromfield who built the stadium back in 1955. Health and safety - what was that? They never dreamt the stadium would last this long. The southern part of the pitch was built on an old rubbish dump and Dad remembers a couple of ladies who used to turn up on a Monday morning to pick up the broken glass out of the playing surface! He can't make it today but it still fills him with pride to know his efforts 60 years ago help to provide such a brilliant arena for days like today! We are the famous, the famous Southend! Seasiders!

Well said sir! No place like her! Roots hall is such a great name for a ground so much better than Fossets Farm :/

As Phil brown said in an interview last week lets call the new ground roots hall

For me has never been the same since the South bank was altered ,and all seating then killed the North bank.Unfortunately the old girl has got to go..........Hope the wifes not listening!!

Very well said and I wholeheartedly agree. Bottom line is though that we will never ever be able to establish ourselves in a league like the Championship if we were to remain here. I'll miss it certainly but I'll also be looking forward to moving on and progressing as a club.

When the time comes though I'm taking my East Blacks seat home with me after that final game. :smile:

Last edited:
Days like today I really wish I still lived in Southend. Roots Hall is a special place when it's full. Sing your hearts out if you're going today!

For me has never been the same since the South bank was altered ,and all seating then killed the North bank.Unfortunately the old girl has got to go..........Hope the wifes not listening!!

spot on Trigg,i have now tears in my eyes thinking about leaving Roots Hall....i would rather stay..in fact,sometimes(most times),the first thing i would like to see when i wake up would be Roots Hall,not the wife!!!Hope the wife cannot read:blush:

Back