• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Napster

No ⭐
EAGUE ONE NEWS
Picture Fallon (right): Set to stay at Home Park

PILGRIMS STRIKER SET TO STAY ON npower League 1 Promotion 2010/11. Click here to bet.

Plymouth striker Rory Fallon has no plans to leave the club and intends to honour the remainder of his contract at Home Park.
The 28-year-old, who joined the club from Swansea in January 2007, is focusing on his football with the Pilgrims after returning from his exploits with New Zealand at this summer's World Cup in South Africa.

Fallon has already turned down an offer from an unnamed club, while former boss Paul Sturrock wants him to move to Southend, but the player's religion has proved to be the decisive factor in keeping him with Plymouth.

"I am contracted here until the end of the season," he told the club's official website. "I've had one club come in for me but I don't feel that the Lord wants me to go.

"I've always said that the Lord is the main man and I will wait on what he says. I don't feel I've had a clear message to leave yet, so I'm staying. I'm instructed by the Lord and people might think I'm mad."

He added: "Obviously, if a club comes in with big money and both parties are happy, I don't want to kill the club and leave on a Bosman because I know they paid money for me. Both parties would have to be happy and I would need a clear sign from the Lord."

Maybe one morning he will find the image of Ron's face in his toast and finally head to Roots Hall......

[QUOTE

"I am contracted here until the end of the season," he told the club's official website. "I've had one club come in for me but I don't feel that the Lord wants me to go.
"[/QUOTE]

That is one impressive agent to have !!

On further reflection... Rory Fallon?! Just played in a World Cup, contracted to a recent CCC club and still a reasonable age.

And Paul Sturrock is trying to sign him?

Looking at what - very LEAST - £250,000 fee, a signing on fee and he must be on £2000-£4000 at Plymouth.

On further reflection... Rory Fallon?! Just played in a World Cup, contracted to a recent CCC club and still a reasonable age.

And Paul Sturrock is trying to sign him?

Looking at what - very LEAST - £250,000 fee, a signing on fee and he must be on £2000-£4000 at Plymouth.
We were going to pay him with Rosary beads and an endless supply of Altar boys though

Only if the lord told him to though.

Andrew-Lloyd-Webber_802798c.jpg

''Do as I say Rory, only stop when I tell you to''

errrrrghhh

Creepy!

I was watching that fly on the wall series (Eastenders I think it's called) and Lucas has got Denise locked up in the cellar. Lucas is waiting for a sign from the lord.
Trouble is, sometimes they finally see a sign that isn't really there.

More from Fallon

"When [former Argyle manager] Paul Sturrock came to the club, and he wanted me to go to Southend, I had a dream from the Lord, and he told me to stay with Plymouth. I've had no instructions since, no clear sign, so I'm staying until my contract is done."

http://www.thisisplymouth.co.uk/argyle/Fallon-hurry-leave-Home-Park/article-2456946-detail/article.html

That article makes me think that Fallon's been misquoted, with him saying that Sturrock, as Plymouth Manager, wanted him to come to us at that particular time. He says the one club that have come in for him is a foreign club.

How the frig would we have afforded him had God said yes my son, go to the seaside?

More from Fallon

"When [former Argyle manager] Paul Sturrock came to the club, and he wanted me to go to Southend, I had a dream from the Lord, and he told me to stay with Plymouth. I've had no instructions since, no clear sign, so I'm staying until my contract is done."

http://www.thisisplymouth.co.uk/argyle/Fallon-hurry-leave-Home-Park/article-2456946-detail/article.html

What a total nutjob.

However it has been misquoted as he is talking about when Sturrock came to Plymouth and he wanted Fallon to join us.

We havent gone in for him again, he is well out of our league now.

Back