• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Rosenthal and Arthurworrey to join Blues on trial

Both well worth a trial, I'd have thought. They should certainly both be keen to impress given their situations.

Over the last few seasons we have looked at quite a few trialists pre season. I'm really struggling to think of one that we have signed and who has played regularly. I would love to be proved wrong in my assumption, but it does make me wonder what the point is in the exercise. I'm not saying that all trialists are rubbish, but the ones we choose haven't been the answer.

Arthurworrey 6'4" center back scored 3 times in a season for Yeovil some of the time during Paul Sturrock's tenure

Over the last few seasons we have looked at quite a few trialists pre season. I'm really struggling to think of one that we have signed and who has played regularly. I would love to be proved wrong in my assumption, but it does make me wonder what the point is in the exercise. I'm not saying that all trialists are rubbish, but the ones we choose haven't been the answer.

Ryan Leonard & Ben Coker were both trialists.

I'd say they've worked out pretty well for us.

Arthurworrey is a unit, impressed in his first season with Yeovil (in League One) but didn't replicate that form in League Two last year and got a bad injury.

Ben Coker.

Are you thinking of Barnard, Weston , Coulthirst Fagan, Ibenfeldt, Holman, Green , Naniszayamo, Wilson, Richards, Aslam. Michael-percival, Bedsante Gomis, Reid, Taylor, Hemmings, Periera, Scott, Bruno Flitchett ???

The normal rampant negativity.

Rosenthal has played in Belgium premiership and Europa league 2 years ago, was offered a new contract by QPR that HE turned down and is 20 in Sept (just the sort of player we are told Peterborough sign and we don't!)- sorry but if this isn't an excellent trialist then we may as well give up.

Arthurworrey another youngster who was at Fulham- loaned out to Tranmere then Yeovil in L1 and did ok. Signed on loan again by Yeovil but got a bad knee injury. Every chance he's a Bolger+ without the attitude. Again not a bad trialist and good L1 experience behind him.

thankyou Kentblues an excellent thread,positivity is something a lot on here havent heard off and they do seem like good trialists ,heres hoping they turn out to be as good as Leonard and Coker have .

Someone i've heard of before?

I'd rather sign someone I hadn't heard of.

If I've heard of them and they are in our price range then in all likelihood they've been round the block and probably have their best days behind them.

Let's see what these two are like. There's no harm in giving them a trial and while my own preference is for someone who is looking to establish their ceiling rather than their floor, hopefully there's still some projectability in them. Worst comes to the worst, we've done an agent a favour (and Rosenthal is likely to be well connected given who his father is) in giving them a trial.

Arthurworry is a decent defender, quite quick across the ground, good in the air and commanding. Thats how I rememeber him when he was at Fulham i the youth set up

Back