• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

I did not go, and before Rigsby tells me I have no right to comment, I am sure those that went can only confirm how bad it sounded on the radio. I almost expected the apathetic performance against Newport but I doubt many, if any of us, expected this. I could ask questions but none of them would match RM's 'What the f*ck have I spent my money on?' and RL's ' Why was I not allowed to leave?'

I doubt PB could explain this result honestly and nor can we. It may just be one of those days. Lets see what happens after ten games.

I feel for you old chap, been there many times myself. Things can only improve...can't they? COYBB

I salute all you fans that made the long trek and had to endure the 90 mins of torture. The team cant moan about early training tomorrow morning, its the very least they deserve !

Dreadful. In all seriousness I'm struggling to think of such an inept and gutless performance. It was way worse than Tuesday. By a mile.

We were unable to string passes together from the start and were overrun
The only surprise as it took as long as it did for them to score. The second came a minute later and that was that. They proceeded to cut us apart at will. From then on it was just a case of how many. Five flattered us.

No ratings. Oxley and White aside, no one else looked like a professional footballer.

It's not looking good down that side with Hendrie having a nightmare, and Timlin not much better. What's happened to Timlin? He used to be a great player. He doesn't seem to get out of first gear nowadays. Even Lenny had a go at him today, and Lenny never has a go at any team mates.

Timlin wasn't good enough last season and his passing has been poor for a while - I was surprised we took up the option of another year on him (maybe because he's versatile); need a better centre midfielder and quick

On Tuesday after our League Cup embarrassment, Brown said Newport played a "certain way", and just now on BBC Essex he said Rotherham played a "certain way". Presumably Blackburn didn't play a "certain way" last Saturday though.

May I suggest, Mr Brown, that at 7am tomorrow you explain to the players what this "certain way" is, and develop a game plan to overcome it, because it is possible that Plymouth Argyle may decide to play a "certain way" next Saturday.

Timlin wasn't good enough last season and his passing has been poor for a while - I was surprised we took up the option of another year on him (maybe because he's versatile); need a better centre midfielder and quick

As one gets older one slows down.... Timlin has always been a good League 2 player - struggles in League 1 when the going gets tough.

first match report ever - HT could/should have been 6-0 - 2nd half not a clue - was back in a proper northern pub - fact/end of - ps next week 3-0 win utb 😊

I'd suggest that losing 5-0 is past the threshold for compulsory changes in the next game - in other words nobody's place in the team should be safe. At the very least given PB's constant praise we should be giving Yearwood a solid run in the team whoever he comes in for.

Worst performance since the dark days 98-03 and the wilderness years in the basement.

When was the last time we most by 5?

However let's not overeact...but we need to sort a few things out fast.

Ferdinands performance was worrying... must have been injured

Worst performance since the dark days 98-03 and the wilderness years in the basement.

When was the last time we most by 5?

However let's not overeact...but we need to sort a few things out fast.

Ferdinands performance was worrying... must have been injured

Doncaster in the playoff 2008?

Most worrying thing is Brown doesn't know what the problem is. In the past you could say the players weren't being paid, or there was unrest in the camp/morale was bad or outbreak of illness etc, but I can't see anything that would explain the performance today. If anything surely Nile being released would be a positive.......no? The sooner Brown 'puts his finger on it' the better!

Back