• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Anyone know latest re Rotherham's expectations for going in to a new ground.

I understand that they moved in to Don Valley in 2008 with expectations to move in to a new ground in 2011, but I can't find anything re progress. I assume none?

If none does anyone know how long they expect to be at Don Valley?

In my quest for the 92 I would be less tempted to go next week if Rotherham will be shifting out soon.

Cheers

I found this on the grounds guide website.

The Club have announced that they have received planning permission to build a new stadium on the site of the old Guest and Chrimes foundry site, near to Rotherham town centre. It is hoped that the new stadium will have a capacity of around 15,000. No time scales have yet been announced as to when building work will commence, however preliminary work to clear the site may begin in early 2011.

Ta. Interesting - for my sins part of one of my clients is re work on the old Guest & Chrimes pension scheme. Maybe I can get the visit on Sat on expenses in the interests of research!

The Club have announced that they have received planning permission to build a new stadium... No time scales have yet been announced as to when building work will commence, however preliminary work to clear the site may begin in early 2011.

That sounds strangely familiar!!

why stop just because it might not be in the 92?

its another ground for you which few will get in history and all the support we can get will help the team!!

Back