• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

HUTTON

They will now play at Sheffield's Don Valley Staduim

Rotherham will play at Sheffield's Don Valley Stadium after they were unable to agree a deal to remain at Millmoor.

The Millers' new owner Tony Stewart and stadium landlords, the Booth family, have been in talks for several weeks over the terms of the lease.

The club are hoping to move to the proposed Community Stadium.

Stewart told the club website: "We have done all we could to allow this club to stay at Millmoor but I am not going to wallow in this."

Rotherham had played at Millmoor since 1907, while the Don Valley Stadium is already home to the Sheffield Eagles rugby league club, as well as being a major athletics venue.

"It was the only option left open to us," Rotherham chief operating officer Paul Douglas told BBC Look North.

"We tried long and hard to negotiate terms that would allow us to stay - unfortunately those talks broke down, and we've had to move away.

"We needed to settle a lease to allow us to stay here and be a financially viable club, and we couldn't do that."

The Millers have been in administration since March, when they were handed a mandatory 10-point deduction by the Football League.

I think I must have been watching too much Discovery Channel because I was disappointed to find out they weren't putting it on rollers.

I hope the swear filter is working before I describe the Booths.

I think I must have been watching too much Discovery Channel because I was disappointed to find out they weren't putting it on rollers.

I hope the swear filter is working before I describe the Booths.

Exactly. A more self-centered egotistical bunch it would be hard to find, incredible behaviour.

Blimey another new ground, that will please the 92 club members.

It can't be more than 5 miles to the Don Valley from Rotherham, I wonder what crowds they will get. It holds 25,000 but I cant see them opening the whole ground for matches.

Back