• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Pre-Match Thread Rotherham Utd vs Southend Utd

What's your starting 11 for Saturday and what do you think the result will be?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Having Mantom in the team would be terrible he is dog **** ....absolute dog of a man

If anything his performances seem to have improved under Sol although I doubt he would have liked beeing heartily booed by the Roots Hall faithful when he was subbbed in his last home match.Another who'll definitely be off at the end of the season.

Seen no indication that HMRC have been paid, so this pre-match thread may be entirely academic.

That said, if we do still exist as a club, I wouldn't change an awful lot from Saturday. If Dieng and Mantom are back, they would slot in for me as Rotherham are a very different prospect from Bristol Rovers and we will be in need of much more experience.

I've swopped Elvis out for Dieng if he's fit and moved Elvis to RB at the expense of Miles Mitchell-Nelson. I've gone Egbri to start again but I'm still not convinced that he has the stature to play pro football at this level, so he's in because of his enthusiasm and he scored last game!

I’d be surprised if Mantom started another game for us.
If we manage to get any more midfield injuries then prepare to be surprised. Contrary to the views of some he will do a decent job if called upon.

If we manage to get any more midfield injuries then prepare to be surprised. Contrary to the views of some he will do a decent job if called upon.

Trust me on this one mate, there’s more chance of you starting, than him.

:Zipped:

Trust me on this one mate, there’s more chance of you starting, than him.

:Zipped:

I'm a sleek silver fox of 68 summers so I can understand why you would say that and you have obviously seen me play in the past. As for your other prediction you obviously have sources not available to us plebs.:Winking:

I'm a sleek silver fox of 68 summers so I can understand why you would say that and you have obviously seen me play in the past. As for your other prediction you obviously have sources not available to us plebs.:Winking:

One of those statements you’ve made, are indeed true...

I’ll leave you to figure out which one

:Whistling:

Oh, well....maybe not Mantom then. But there'll be at least one selection that'll have people raising an eyebrow I'm sure. Dieng could be fit .... Elvis in midfield maybe? Even Sol must've seen enough of Tim in midfield not to stick him there again.

Oh, well....maybe not Mantom then. But there'll be at least one selection that'll have people raising an eyebrow I'm sure. Dieng could be fit .... Elvis in midfield maybe? Even Sol must've seen enough of Tim in midfield not to stick him there again.
The thing is with Dieng that he has played in the CB position before his time with Southend. He is far more comfortable in the back line as he just doesn't have the engine to do 90 mins in the midfield. We know it, he knows it and now, so does Sol.

Looks like we know the same about what one more game this season for mantom means ......., so I agree 100%, very much doubt we'l see him again, but SC works in mysterious unpredictable (some would say absolutely box of frogs mad) ways!!

Seen no indication that HMRC have been paid, so this pre-match thread may be entirely academic.

That said, if we do still exist as a club, I wouldn't change an awful lot from Saturday. If Dieng and Mantom are back, they would slot in for me as Rotherham are a very different prospect from Bristol Rovers and we will be in need of much more experience.
Not due to 11th ,so no need to pay till last moment

Looks like we know the same about what one more game this season for mantom means ......., so I agree 100%, very much doubt we'l see him again, but SC works in mysterious unpredictable (some would say absolutely box of frogs mad) ways!!

We certainly do....

And yes, Sol’s magical mystery ride could well and truly be kicked up a notch, if he did include Mantom in the starting XI

We certainly do....

And yes, Sol’s magical mystery ride could well and truly be kicked up a notch, if he did include Mantom in the starting XI

With reference to the Sam Mantom alluded stuff, is it as simple as a clause around games played that engages a contract extension? If so then please keep it simple.
Sam Mantom, is, imo, a more worthy, extension clause player than the gone and unlamented Josh Wright. Interestingly or not, both could site the frequent injury sidelining for lack of games in triggering such a clause.

So from these innuendo-laden posts, us mere mortals can deduce that another appearance for Sam Mantom would trigger something in his contract - an extension option perhaps.

Back