• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Pre-Match Thread Rotherham Utd vs Southend Utd

What's your starting 11 for Saturday and what do you think the result will be?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
So from these innuendo-laden posts, us mere mortals can deduce that another appearance for Sam Mantom would trigger something in his contract - an extension option perhaps.

Let’s hope so.

Excellent player.

Will the game be played behind closed doors or even postponed is probably more relevant atm.

@Cricko - But we took precautions prior to Saturdays game by not allowing hand shakes etc.

Which promptly went out of the windows at FT when KM starting shaking everyones hands

:Facepalm:

So from these innuendo-laden posts, us mere mortals can deduce that another appearance for Sam Mantom would trigger something in his contract - an extension option perhaps.

Soccerbase has Sam Mantom on 74 appearances for us in all competitions since signing permanently, so not entirely implausible.

Will the game be played behind closed doors or even postponed is probably more relevant atm.

Knowing our luck, that stipulation will kick in sometime next week, before our home games v Bolton & Sunderland?.
So let's just assume that scenario will happen next week or the week after. The EFL sitting in their plush Ivory Tower, would surely realise that without gate revenue, League 1 & 2 clubs for starters, would all go to the wall?.

Went there to tick it off the list. We got hammered and were abysmal. Left about 25 mins before the end.

I hope we show more desire to keep it tight in this one. Will watch on my phone but possibly won't visit there again.

Why are people against a Mantom extension? Yes he's not the best technically but who will be in league 2? I think he can do a job at that level if he's interested.

Why are people against a Mantom extension? Yes he's not the best technically but who will be in league 2? I think he can do a job at that level if he's interested.

Hypothetically, would you be in favour of a Mantom extension, if it meant he remained on (decent) Lg1 wages?

Purely hypothetically, of course.

I

I don’t think it is harsh ... at all that’s my opinion, and I’m sticking with it. A dog of a man who doesn’t try at all.... I’m staring in the Mirror now Stewart ... what shall I look for ? All I see is an ex nightclub bouncer who’s now a senior property manager on Canary Wharf ..... wanna talk to me about trying and working hard ?land applying myself for a number of years ?? Believe me I’ve seen plenty of sherkers ( and loads of gurkers)
You are a manager so what’s makes you special , many people of all levels work hard but fortunately most aren’t abusive like your post. I was a doorman for 10 years whilst being a London fireman , my colleagues included a school teacher , office manager , farmer , find it disrespectful you think it’s low to be a doorman

Mantom is on a significant wage that would be well above what we are going to be paying if we are going to cut our budget to £1.5million a year.

Whether you rate him or not, he's going. We can't afford him.

I think that’s the problem - he’s not interested!

Mantom is on a significant wage that would be well above what we are going to be paying if we are going to cut our budget to £1.5million a year.

Whether you rate him or not, he's going. We can't afford him.
Any idea Jai what he’s on? No rumours please

Trust me on this one mate, there’s more chance of you starting, than him.

:Zipped:
if this does refer to a contract extension then I find this very difficult to believe..
this implies that we are aware of his contract clause and are aware of the consequences of him playing another match. That’s total madness.

Of course we will probably think we are being clever by not playing him and instead play someone who is not registered to play and have to deal with the consequences from that instead?

if this does refer to a contract extension then I find this very difficult to believe..
this implies that we are aware of his contract clause and are aware of the consequences of him playing another match. That’s total madness.

Of course we will probably think we are being clever by not playing him and instead play someone who is not registered to play and have to deal with the consequences from that instead?
Perhaps Mantom himself doesn’t want to play the extra game? I think personally Sam will breathe a massive sigh of relief when he drives down the A127 for the last time.
I don’t think keeping Mantom, Oxley, Demetriou, McLaughlin etc is remotely on the cards even if we wanted to. We is skint.

Sorry mods back on topic .. I’ll confidently predict a 2-2 draw with Gard pulling the strings, Shaughnessy winning everything in the air and Kelman sending a bicycle kick top corner. Macca will curl a free kick in for the second. Got to believe.

Last edited:
Back