• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Rotherhams New Stadium Started

I hear Ron is due to make a significant announcement about our stadium before month end!

Heard today that Sainsburys are re-letting the flats on Vic Ave. Surely not if work is about to begin?
Roots hall site is no longer their priority.
Hope this is not true.

Heard today that Sainsburys are re-letting the flats on Vic Ave. Surely not if work is about to begin?
Roots hall site is no longer their priority.
Hope this is not true.

old news already been covered on here and reported in the echo

old news already been covered on here and reported in the echo
Somehow that makes me feel better then. Particuarly as it presumably came before news of Rons pending 'significant' announcement. Wonder if will be 'work will start in the spring' type announcement?

Somehow that makes me feel better then. Particuarly as it presumably came before news of Rons pending 'significant' announcement. Wonder if will be 'work will start in the spring' type announcement?

i was referring to your original post with regards to the flats - and as far as RM making a statement you have got to be ****ing joking his last tx message to me was in response to a tx i asked re starting building was quote "Its not in clubs interest to make public statments but we fully committed to our relocations plans and nothing has dislodged our programme"
unquote

i also asked him when does expect bob the builder to be on site as yet un-named contractor made public - his response was we dont have a bob

Footings now in and the first skeleton bits of steelwork being erected

Would it be churlish to suggest it looks as though they've not started on the fourth stand yet?? :smile:

EDIT: Work now started on the fourth stand :winking:

Last edited:
Latest pics

38079410150425029123114.jpg

38100510150435990253114.jpg

38424210150434091653114.jpg

aerial4thdec5.jpg

aerial4thdec6.jpg

It's very close to Millmoor!

I can't get my head round why they are building a new stadium when hey already have one, with a new Main Stand half built!

I believe the issue was with the cost of the lease but surely a new stadium is costing more!

It's very close to Millmoor!

I can't get my head round why they are building a new stadium when hey already have one, with a new Main Stand half built!

I believe the issue was with the cost of the lease but surely a new stadium is costing more!

The Family that owned RUFC previously still own Millmoor but won't allow the Millers to use the ground (pathetic "its my ball" type argument) .. i heard that a member of the familys 12 year old sons team use it on a Sunday morning

Martin, where's our ground? Martin Martin, where's our ground?

you are asking the wrong person you should be asking Sainsburys as there was a interesting little article on page 8 of this evening echo titled Store to employ builders , the builders who ever they are will be working for Sainsburys as well as the club.As Sainburys are heavily involved in funding the development of FF and RH sites

Back