• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Round 1: Heat 12: Astral Weeks vs Nevermind

Which album

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

BLUEBLOOD

Moderator of Moderators
Last up today should really be a landslide IMO .. i've never got into Barcelona Blues Van the Man, wheras Nevermind is an album that burned into the very souls of teens and 20somethings everywhere, and i'm sure AS will have PLENTY to say on the matter ;)

AW is near on a perfect album. I love it so much (Madame George being my fav).

N is good and genre defining and all that, but AW is just lovely and perfect and wonderful :D

Nevermind, yet another genre defining album where every track is a killer.

Nevermind: The only Nirvana album I don't own. Seriously. I am weird. In Utero is their finest work for me, raw reacting against the monster he'd created, it still takes my breath away.

But it still gets my vote as I've never been a fan of The Van Man.

Nevermind: The only Nirvana album I don't own. Seriously. I am weird. In Utero is their finest work for me, raw reacting against the monster he'd created, it still takes my breath away.

But it still gets my vote as I've never been a fan of The Van Man.

Yes. Yes you are (in a nice way :D)

I agree with Jonny regarding In Utero but Nevermind is still a gem. However stained it may be by overplaying and commercial misuse, the opening bars of 'Smells Like Teen Spirit' still make me want to throw a student off a stage.

I like Van Morrison, don't get me wrong. But Nevermind is surely one of the greatest albums of all time - raw, angry, energetic, genre-defining, hairs on the back of your neck stuff. It is utterly, utterly amazing.

Come As You Are
Smells Like Teen Spirit
In Bloom
Breed
Lithium
Stay Away
On a Plain

...each one of them is visceral, roaring, pure and thrilling. It is a work of comprehensive genius, and never mind what happened to Cobain after that. It is a masterpiece in its own right.

Am I alone in thinking the MTV Unplugged album is a million times better than any of the studio albums?

It's a shame this wasn't Van McCoy against Nirvana because I know who would have got my vote.

Like Kurt Kobain he was also tragically taken from us when he still had so much to offer.

And he looked like Apollo Creed.

Van McCoy

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back