• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Round 1, Heat 6 - Game of Thrones v 24

Game Of Thrones or 24?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm sure Game of Thrones is great if you've read the books. Most of the people I know who rave about the programme (Mrs Pubey included) have read the books, but for me I thought it was messy, incoherent and a bit dull. I couldn't get into it after 1 season and a couple of episodes.

24 flicked between being great and being abysmal, but when it was great it was fantastic. I was also pretty innovative and great drama (especially the "odd" seasons earlier on).

Jack-Season-4-jack-bauer-21799428-533-800.jpg

For me 24 ranged from being ok to superb whereas GOT was just dull (not read the books which maybe didn't help).

**** me! I haven't watched Game of Thrones but know people are waxing lyrical about it. **** them. Jack Bauer is a real life super hero!! :winking:

Ooooooooohhh dear. 24 was great(ish) but hardly anything lives upto the sheer brilliance of Games of Thrones.

24 seasons 1, 2 and 3 were some of the most original television I can remember seeing. It came at what was a relatively tried and tested format with a completely fresh, game-changing angle and, in my opinion, changed the way in which people thought television could be made. Seasons 4, 6 and probably 7 were comparatively poor, but that shouldn't detract from what was often a thoroughly compelling and engaging drama.

Plus, Jack Bauer would utterly destroy any of the soft-serve whingebuckets in Game of Thrones.

**** me! I haven't watched Game of Thrones but know people are waxing lyrical about it. **** them. Jack Bauer is a real life super hero!! :winking:

I'd hardly call a couple of top 10 stage finishes in the Tour Down Under super.

I haven't watched either so won't vote.

Pssht. Tyrion would outwit Jack Bauer whilst the Hound would easily demolish him.

24 - watched series 1 which was great. But series 2 was a bit meh and I gave up after that.

GoT, yes I read the books, but the sheer scale of the production, the Machievellian twists, the characters, the soundtrack - GoT is great, immersive telly.

Funnily enough, my missus loves GoT and hasn't read the books. My Dad has read the books, but doesn't like telly adaptions full stop.

Luckily these are both very well known or highly advertised programmes so little effort is needed to write information to help people decide. So I will let Kim Bauer persuade those who haven't watched 24 before.

elisha-cuthbert-50a.jpg

As much as I love(d) 24, it's pretty much a two man show - Jack & Chloe. Without her ability to crack & hack, Jack would haven't of saved the world numerous times. GOT has multiple strong characters, and ones that the story line is not shy of ending - I was gobsmacked at
  Spoiler:  
Ed Stark's head being lopped off at the end of Series 1. You can't do that to the main character!

Arya Stark is an absolute legend. Joffrey is the MOST evil, spoilt little c-unit in the history of television. Tyrion is just absolutely magnetic. I can't wait until Monday for series 3 to start, I'm excited like a little girl.

Game of Thrones is amazing, one of the best things ever on tv. The storylines really hook you, the acting is astonishing, particularly from some of the younger actors, the dialogue superb and the locations stunning. I was sceptical at first whether I would like it but boy right from the off I couldnt wait to see the next episode. The different storylines can at times be confusing to follow, but I thought season 2 really brought a lot of them together well. I cant wait till season 3 to start, if only to see more of the lovely Emilia Clarke.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back