• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Round 1

Round 1

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

MK Shrimper

Striker
Starting this new battle with two contrasting directors.

Ricey's all action John Woo v Jassyfa's spooky M. Night Shyamalan.

Evidence please gentlemen!

Last edited:
A tough one. I really liked Sixth Sense, Unbreakable and even Signs. But since then M#s stuff has been awful. The Happening was laughably bad.

John Woo- has done some cracking films as well, both for Asian and American audiences, but there are some weak ones in there, but this is due to his attempting the crossover to US sensibility. So, for Hard Boiled, I'm going for Woo,.

Woo - Face/Off, Mission Impossible II

Shyamalan - Sixth Sense, Unbreakable

Woo edges it for me.

Faceoff is a brilliant film, i also liked Paycheck and Broken Arrow. But Night's Signs, Sixth Sense, Village and The Happening are not bad films. Also,

Night gets my vote

I find M Nights films pretentious, ponderouns and dull. I see dead people- who f*cking cares? Nichola Cage and John Travolta swapping faces- now thats a film!

Don't think I've seen a John Woo film, but every successive Shalmalangadingdong film is progressively worse. Abstain.

M. Night Shyamalan not only is this director younger than me, and im not 40 yet, but he has also written the screenplay for Stuart Little. Add that to the films he has written as cited by imbd.com
Writer:

1. Devil (2011) (pre-production) (story)
  2. The Last Airbender (2010) (post-production) (written by)
    ... aka The Legend of Aang (Europe: English title)
  3. The Happening (2008) (written by)
  4. Lady in the Water (2006) (written by)
  5. The Village (2004) (written by)
    ... aka Grey (Philippines: English title: review title)
    ... aka M. Night Shyamalan's The Village (USA: promotional title)
  6. Signs (2002) (written by)
    ... aka M. Night Shyamalan's Signs (USA: promotional title)
  7. Unbreakable (2000) (written by)
  8. Stuart Little (1999) (screenplay)
  9. The Sixth Sense (1999) (written by)
  10. Wide Awake (1998) (written by)
  11. Praying with Anger (1992) (written by)
Add these fims that he has directed in the last 16 years

1. The Last Airbender (2010) (post-production)
    ... aka The Legend of Aang (Europe: English title)
  2. The Happening (2008)
  3. Lady in the Water (2006)
  4. The Village (2004)
    ... aka Grey (Philippines: English title: review title)
    ... aka M. Night Shyamalan's The Village (USA: promotional title)
  5. Signs (2002)
    ... aka M. Night Shyamalan's Signs (USA: promotional title)
  6. Unbreakable (2000)
  7. The Sixth Sense (1999)
  8. Wide Awake (1998)
  9. Praying with Anger (1992)
The sixth sense an amazing film with a famous twist at the end, with unbreakable as his follow up also staring Bruce Willis.
Signs, how many people didnt jump when they saw the alien for the 1st time.

200px-Broken_arrow_ver1.jpg

200px-Face_off_movie.jpg

200px-Mission_impossible_two_ver1.jpg

Says it all really! Oh and A_S John Woo can no way be compared to Darlington or Torquay. Purely for Face Off he has to be up there with the best of the lot.

Back