• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Round 13

Round 13

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

MK Shrimper

Striker
First up today Quentin Tarantino (GraysBlue Jnr) takes on Wes Anderson (Aberdeen Shrimper) in what will probably be a one-sided affair.

Evidence please!

Wes Anderson

Fantastic Mr. Fox
The Darjeeling Limited
The Life Aquatic with Steve Zissou
The Royal Tenenbaums
Rushmore
Bottle Rocket

Quentin Tarantino

Inglourious Basterds (2009)
Death Proof (2007)
Sin City (special guest director)
Kill Bill: Vol. 2
Kill Bill: Vol. 1
Jackie Brown
Pulp Fiction
Reservoir Dogs
My Best Friend's Birthday

It's a pity that Wes Anderson is up against such stiff opposition as I've loved everything he's done.

Life Aquatic, Royal Tenebaums both classics.
Reservoir Dogs is a belter.

This should be the final.

But QT can deliver in most genres, while Wes is whimsy. So, it's QT,

Life Aquatic, Royal Tenebaums both classics.
Reservoir Dogs is a belter.

This should be the final.

But QT can deliver in most genres, while Wes is whimsy. So, it's QT,

Rushmore is one of my favourite films ever, but I do think Anderson is a touch over-rated. He's very one dimensional (USUAL PLOT: 'Oh woe is me, I'm a rich, upper class kid who has an estranged relationship with their parents and I'm searching the world for solace and validation') but visually his stuff is great.

Plus he reinvented Bill Murray for a further generation.

But QT has the edge for me, especially due to the 2 Kill Bill flicks.

I will have to mount my campaign after work i am afraid. This is a massively tough ask for Wes, but I still feel that he has the potential to cause an upset in this round.

Look at it as Southen Utd v Manure

Rushmore is one of my favourite films ever, but I do think Anderson is a touch over-rated. He's very one dimensional (USUAL PLOT: 'Oh woe is me, I'm a rich, upper class kid who has an estranged relationship with their parents and I'm searching the world for solace and validation') but visually his stuff is great.

Plus he reinvented Bill Murray for a further generation.

But QT has the edge for me, especially due to the 2 Kill Bill flicks.

I'm not so sure about QT anymore. Ok, Res Dogs is still brilliant, Pulp Fiction hasn't dated very well at all, Kill Bill 2 is very average, and Death Proof was pointless nonsense. Haven't seen Inglorious yet have feel no compunction to do so.

Watched Jackie Brown recently - its plot, its characters, its dialogue are so effortless, it plays beautifully. Great soundtrack as well.

I like Tarantino's film's, he is basically a film geek, some of his lines are brilliant. Jackie Brown is my favourite of his films.

But I really love Wes Anderson's visual language, the cut-away ship in The Life Aquatic was genius (and although it felt like repition, it did work again in Darjeeling Ltd).

Team Zissou for me!
82136174_0536c93f3d.jpg

bill_murray17.jpg

If you DON'T vote Tarantino, you take your life in your hands. You might end up with these at your door....

pulp_fiction_duo.jpg

Says it all......

I'm not so sure about QT anymore. Ok, Res Dogs is still brilliant, Pulp Fiction hasn't dated very well at all, Kill Bill 2 is very average, and Death Proof was pointless nonsense. Haven't seen Inglorious yet have feel no compunction to do so.

Inglorious Basterds was a huge return to form. Up there with PF, RD and JB

Wes Anderson

Fantastic Mr. Fox
The Darjeeling Limited
The Royal Tenenbaums
Rushmore
Bottle Rocket

Quentin Tarantino

Inglourious Basterds (2009)
Death Proof (2007)
Sin City (special guest director)
Kill Bill: Vol. 2
Kill Bill: Vol. 1
Jackie Brown
Pulp Fiction
Reservoir Dogs
My Best Friend's Birthday

QT also directed a segment in "The Four Rooms".

I don't understand how anyone can say Pulp Fiction hasn't dated very well?

Wes Anderson

Fantastic Mr. Fox
The Darjeeling Limited
The Royal Tenenbaums
Rushmore
Bottle Rocket

Obviously I haven't seen Fantastic Mr. Fox, but the trailer looks quality. Andersons other 5 films so far have been simply superb, its a shame he is going out as he is probably my favourite director.

Back