• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Roy completes the double !

mrsblue

Banned
Roy became the first England manager since 1958 to be eliminated from the group stage(miracles aside )
Roy became the first ever England manager to lose both opening games!

That must be the progress some of you believe .

2 points is better than zero !

Anyways Roy's name is in the record books for all time.

Yes but the opposition is much better and has to be taken into account, the same way you ignore the wins against minnows in qualifying when people use those games in their arguments.

We lost to Italy and Uruguay. In 2010 we drew with USA and Algeria in the first two games. Which is worse?

2 points is better than zero !

Anyways Roy's name is in the record books for all time.

Well in 2010 USA where ranked 14th and Algeria 31st where as Italy are 9th with Uruguay in at 7th. Not surprising the games where only won by 1 goal.

Personally I see a lot of progression, even if that hasn't yet manifested itself in better results. We play a more attacking, dynamic system that I like to see. We have a lot of young players that need a bit more experience.

I think this world cup has come about 18 months too soon for this team, and believe they will be more of a force at the next Euros, IF the FA have the balls to hold their nerve and not sack Roy.

Yes but the opposition is much better and has to be taken into account, the same way you ignore the wins against minnows in qualifying when people use those games in their arguments.

Would be stunned if Italy or Uruguay reach the semi let alone the final!

I thought we would scrape out of the group then lose second round yet the way we capitulated against one ok team Italy then last night against a 1 man team was poor.The opening second half minutes last night were truly x rated Sunday league stuff as England went into free fall and should have conceded 2 or 3 during those mad minutes.

Roy was an ok club manager in England yet at international level he is way out of his depth.

Personally I see a lot of progression, even if that hasn't yet manifested itself in better results. We play a more attacking, dynamic system that I like to see. We have a lot of young players that need a bit more experience.

I think this world cup has come about 18 months too soon for this team, and believe they will be more of a force at the next Euros, IF the FA have the balls to hold their nerve and not sack Roy.

The FA must be suicidal missing out of second round prize money but even worse how will they fill Wembley during the euro games against the minnows of Europe after this latest debacle.

I thought we would scrape out of the group then lose second round yet the way we capitulated against one ok team Italy then last night against a 1 man team was poor.The opening second half minutes last night were truly x rated Sunday league stuff as England went into free fall and should have conceded 2 or 3 during those mad minutes.

Roy was an ok club manager in England yet at international level he is way out of his depth.

Other than when he managed the likes of Switzerland.....

Let's also ignore his club record outside of England.

More chance than USA or Algeria did last time round. They are both without doubt far better teams we managed draws against last time.

Yes, and after that spell we were the better team.

Over the game we had more possession, 3 times as many shots on target than the two they and should have scored 2 or 3 ourselves.

The difference was down to one player on their team being a superior finisher to ours.

You seem to be judging the whole game on the result alone. Whilst the result it ultimately what matters when analysing the performance of the team you cant ignore the rest and just focus on a ten minute spell.

Other than when he managed the likes of Switzerland.....

Let's also ignore his club record outside of England.

Whatever he did for Switzerland and overseas good for him yet it does not disguise the fact in England he was average at best apart from Fulham reaching the final,Liverpool soon got rid of him and they were always a club prepared to give their managers time except for Roy..Makes you wonder eh?

Yes, and after that spell we were the better team.

Over the game we had more possession, 3 times as many shots on target than the two they did.

The difference was down to one player on their team being a superior finisher to ours.

You seem to be judging the whole game on the result alone. Whilst the result it ultimately what matters when analysing the performance of the team you cant ignore the rest and just focus on a ten minute spell.

Uruguay as I pointed out were not very good whatsoever yet we went sideways a lot then back home then sideways again played at pedestrian pace.Now if you think we played well or ok then that is your choice however I thought it was abysmal.

Uruguay as I pointed out were not very good whatsoever yet we went sideways a lot then back home then sideways again played at pedestrian pace.Now if you think we played well or ok then that is your choice however I thought it was abysmal.

Not saying we played well, but you are saying its our worst performance ever. Our performances were worse in the last World cup, yet because the teams were poorer we managed to pick up a couple of draws.

Just to add some perspective, we had as many shots and shots on target, and more possession than Germany did against 10 man portugal who they trounced 4-0.

Roy became the first England manager since 1958 to be eliminated from the group stage(miracles aside )

and on tuesday,the gormless one, will be trying for his "hat-trick"(match-ball).

Not saying we played well, but you are saying its our worst performance ever. Our performances were worse in the last World cup, yet because the teams were poorer we managed to pick up a couple of draws.

Find where I said worst performance ever?

Roy entered the record books which the media have gone to great lengths to tell the world,I never even knew until I learned it from the media.

and on tuesday,the gormless one, will be trying for his "hat-trick"(match-ball).

The hat trick is on but doubt he will take the match ball instead the FA will allow him to blunder on for another 2 years.

Find where I said worst performance ever?

Roy entered the record books which the media have gone to great lengths to tell the world,I never even knew until I learned it from the media.

By starting a thread saying he is breaking all records you are implying it, and by posting 127 posts in 12 hours stating how terrible he is and abysmal we were you have kind of reinforced that.

I Presume that your one of the Harry 'The Chairman Deals with all that' Redknapp brigade

Back