• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Roy completes the double !

I like Milner there, especially in a three-man midfield. I thought that would be where he'd end up when he was coming through.

Certainly got the build for it, stocky strong as an ox, wonder why the "experts" haven't played him there.

Certainly got the build for it, stocky strong as an ox, wonder why the "experts" haven't played him there.

I'd imagine his lack of experience playing there at club level will have prevented him from being played there at international level, especially with regulars like Gerrard, Lampard, Carrick etc occupying those roles. I'm not against playing Milner there - he certainly has the raw materials to - but it all feels a bit square peg, round hole to me. Can Milner really grab a game by the scruff of the neck and impose himself? I'm more excited by how the likes of Barkley, Wilshere, Ward-Prowse and Chalobah progress over the next two years.

I'd broadly agree but I'm a little concerned that Gerrard and Lampard have been asked to stay on by Hodgson. It is time to move on.

I think it is the only thing that he could say. He wants to keep his options open, and keep the pool of available players as big as possible. I doubt they'd be first choice anymore, but having some experienced players available is still important.

I think it is the only thing that he could say. He wants to keep his options open, and keep the pool of available players as big as possible. I doubt they'd be first choice anymore, but having some experienced players available is still important.

a la Pirlo you mean?

Last 9 games makes bleak reading only 2 wins 3 draws and 4 defeats which if it was on a league basis would make England relegation fodder!Failure to score in 4 of those games.

Maybe Roy has a plan somewhere?

Last 9 games makes bleak reading only 2 wins 3 draws and 4 defeats which if it was on a league basis would make England relegation fodder!Failure to score in 4 of those games.

Maybe Roy has a plan somewhere?

Yep, he has. Trying to build a side for Euro 16 based on the players he currently has available. There is no magic bullet here, getting better is going to take time and patience. I'm all for playing the younger players but based on what I saw at the World Cup, some just aren't up to the task yet.

Back