• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Roy McDonough

Only just got around to reading his book, nearly finished it as I type. God what a nightmare he must have been to deal with! I can feel a hangover coming on just reading about how much he was drinking. I think some poetic license must have been at play, I mean can anyone seriously drink 30 pints in one session and live?

Love him or hate him he had cult-hero status, probably because he gave everything every time he went on the pitch, something a lot of younger players nowadays could learn from. I don't think he was ever more than 3rd / 4th div standard despite what he obviously thinks from his book, but he always gave 100% even if he did over do it at times.

Love him or hate him he had cult-hero status, probably because he gave everything every time he went on the pitch, something a lot of younger players nowadays could learn from. I don't think he was ever more than 3rd / 4th div standard despite what he obviously thinks from his book, but he always gave 100% even if he did over do it at times.

Donut will be SUEPA guest of honour for the Burton match - bringing a few pals along too, and will be in bar pre and post match ..... then there's a bit of time to go until his eve show. Hmmmm

He was just on Talksport, he will also be doing his show in Walsall tonight and will be at our game V Walsall tomorrow afternoon.

ROY McDONOUGH promises to give Southend United fans the "same value for money he gave them as a player" at Westcliff's Palace Theatre on Monday night.

More...

ROY McDONOUGH promises to give Southend United fans the "same value for money he gave them as a player" at Westcliff's Palace Theatre on Monday night.

More...

Hope that doesn't mean he's going to get thrown out after 20 minutes!
Seriously, the true value of Roy as a player is reflected in the performances of those strikers that flourished alongside him!
Not sure I'd want to spend an evening listening to him talking about drinking, fighting, drinking, red cards and drinking though.

Hope that doesn't mean he's going to get thrown out after 20 minutes!
Seriously, the true value of Roy as a player is reflected in the performances of those strikers that flourished alongside him!
Not sure I'd want to spend an evening listening to him talking about drinking, fighting, drinking, red cards and drinking though.

You forgot to mention the birds(as he calls them). He won't forget tho.

Back