• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Roy O'Donovan

He plays on the last defender and we didn't supply him. Our main problem since Gower and Bailey left.

We don't show any patience with strikers and we don't play to players strengths. They would be two big reasons. The fact he was only here for a very short amount of time didn't help either.

just another striker to add onto the massive list of 'it just not working out for them here'

its clearly our plan A approach and no plan B. i'm not even sure we've actually got a plan A anyway.

We don't show any patience with strikers and we don't play to players strengths. They would be two big reasons. The fact he was only here for a very short amount of time didn't help either.

O'Donovan could have been a big success here. He has scored goals out in Ireland and we was prepared to pay around £400K for him so we'd obviously watched him on more than one occassion so why we didn't play to his strengths I'll never know.

He has pace, which is something we seriously lack in our front line, and looks to get in behind defenders ala Robsinon, yet we seemed to prefer to lump it up to him to win headers rather than look to slide him through.

Never Tilsons fault though is it lads?

I've said all along that Tilson doesn't know how to use Strikers or work to their particular strengths. There's a list as long as your arm consisting of strikers who've "failed" here and gone on to do well at other clubs.

we seemed to prefer to lump it up to him to win headers rather than look to slide him through.

Indeed. I lost count the number of times he was on the shoulder pointing for a slide rule pass, only for McCormack/Christophe/Grant/Barrett/Francis (take your pick) to lump it three feet over his head in the opposite direction.

Indeed. I lost count the number of times he was on the shoulder pointing for a slide rule pass, only for McCormack/Christophe/Grant/Barrett/Francis (take your pick) to lump it three feet over his head in the opposite direction.

Tell me about it. Oh to have a central midfielder, like Sawyer, who could have played that through ball...

We do that whenever we have someone up front who is perceived to have a bit of pace eg Theo Robinson last year.

Back