• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Roy's future

RHB

I'm a Gnu, how do you do!⭐⭐
Staff member
Greg Dyke has just announced that Roy will stay in charge of England until 2016.

More a reflection of the complete lack of alternatives. England lack good players and good coaches.

I always thought this world cup was to early for this very useful but young set of players,now we can off load the last of the golden generation (lol)and look to Euro 16,thats when i'll judge Royboy,great times ahead imo.

I always thought this world cup was to early for this very useful but young set of players,now we can off load the last of the golden generation (lol)and look to Euro 16,thats when i'll judge Royboy,great times ahead imo.

Hope so, because now is ****.

Roy can only work with what inept coaches have produced at club level. The coaching ethos these days is to pass back or sideways, don't dare express yourself or you're sent packing is the threat probably :unsure:

[video]https://mtc.cdn.vine.co/r/videos/C4400520661091791782347673600_1ebc7af4ab7.4.8.5081 766513373545825.mp4?versionId=9PNWZTh2dN_A_AkPMDWr 8VlC0WrH1uXS[/video]

Roy can only work with what inept coaches have produced at club level. The coaching ethos these days is to pass back or sideways, don't dare express yourself or you're sent packing is the threat probably :unsure:

I talked recently with someone who trained with Alan Devonshire (when he was in charge of Maidenhead United F.C ) and played a few first team games under him.

Apparently, he was given a rocket by Devo in training, for trying to play the ball short, (but keeping possesion), rather than lumping the ball upfield at the earliest opportunity.

Devo certainly never used to play that way for WH.Good job he's still a non-league manager then.:whistling:

Greg Dyke has just announced that Roy will stay in charge of England until 2016.

Mr Dyke had the chance to go with public opinion and appoint Rednapp and nobody will ever know if Harry would have done a better job but Dyke had that chance yet instead he chose Roy who currently has become a laughing stock and Dyke must now stand by his man.

The FA will never learn from past mistakes giving long term contracts to managers when they should offer 1 tournament and if all goes well then extend for the next tournament,Capello and Sven both had lucrative long term deals which cost the FA millions yet they gave Roy 4 years even though he is in his late 60s.

They are all mad!

Mr Dyke had the chance to go with public opinion and appoint Rednapp and nobody will ever know if Harry would have done a better job but Dyke had that chance yet instead he chose Roy who currently has become a laughing stock and Dyke must now stand by his man.
Where is your evidence for this? Everything I've seen, read or heard seems to be standing by him.

Hodgson's contract is nothing compared to what Capello and Sven received. The FA did learn their lesson there.

The FA will never learn from past mistakes giving long term contracts to managers when they should offer 1 tournament and if all goes well then extend for the next tournament,Capello and Sven both had lucrative long term deals which cost the FA millions yet they gave Roy 4 years even though he is in his late 60s.

They are all mad!

Whether one agreed with the appointment of Hodgson or not (I did), it was nothing to do with Greg Dyke. He wasn't at the FA when Hodgson was chosen over Redknapp.

Give Roy another two years I say. The easy qualification process for Euro 2016 will give him the chance to experiment with some new players, partnerships (e.g. to decide on a long term central defensive partnership) and four years is a fair tenure in international management.

Not sure who the next cab off the rank is though. I'm very much of the view that the England manager should be English as it feels a little bit like cheating otherwise. Gary Neville possibly?

Hodgson is a 2nd rate manager(compared to top class foreign managers), but he is the best of a very bad british bunch.Rather Roy,than "arry"...mind you would like the everton manager to have a go for us.martiness(spelt wrong)

Whether one agreed with the appointment of Hodgson or not (I did), it was nothing to do with Greg Dyke. He wasn't at the FA when Hodgson was chosen over Redknapp.

Give Roy another two years I say. The easy qualification process for Euro 2016 will give him the chance to experiment with some new players, partnerships (e.g. to decide on a long term central defensive partnership) and four years is a fair tenure in international management.

Not sure who the next cab off the rank is though. I'm very much of the view that the England manager should be English as it feels a little bit like cheating otherwise. Gary Neville possibly?

Good points raised,

It seems we are indeed stuck with Roy so I guess we all have to back him,Roy MUST change it on Tuesday by dumping the failures and put in the youth such as Shaw,Sterling,Wilshere,Oxley,and play expansive attacking football!

The CR game will tell us if Roy has the balls to drop his star players or will he just do it all over again?

I always felt Bryan Robson would be a good choice for England manager, whatever happened to him?

I always felt Bryan Robson would be a good choice for England manager, whatever happened to him?
Last seen managing Thailand I think? Was being groomed for the job back in 1996, when he was one of Terry Venables' assistants. You wonder if things might have turned out better for him had he won one of those finals with Middlesbrough.

I think Bryan Robson was last seen propping up a bar.

Eventually there will come a time when people stop thinking that the manager is the problem - after all we've tried internationally respected managers like Sven, Capello and Hodgson plus McLaren and it hasn't made any difference.

The Costa Rica game is the BIG game now, Roy has a free hand. Face facts England were never contenders and now Roy can show what he has in mind for the future, Lalana, Stirling, Wiltshire and the other young men need to step up and play for Euro 2016.

Back