• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

*rse licking the players

stickyboy

Director
I am all for supporting the team etc before the game and during etc but one thing that baffles me is people who persist in clapping the players off after gutless performances like Hull away and Col. U - for me after games where the players have under acheived (and the players know that themselves as proved at Hull where they hardly come anywhere near us) it doesnt seem right, yes I know you support your team but basically the players have fleeced you of your hard earned cash and your applauding them for it. Surely this gives the wrong signals - the players must be thinking they can do it week in week out as those mugs on the terraces still come back and clap us. The majority of players (at every club) dont really care about the club (exceptions like Adam Barrett of course) but most dont want to know and really couldnt give a t*ss whether we stay up or not. Personally clap at the end of games when I feel they have put the effort in even if we have been totally mullered as we have many games this season but the last 2 matches no way (well I was at home by time the Col.U game had finished!) . So did you still clap for both those games - if so why?

I clapped the players off yesterday, but then I was also one of those in Block J of the Upper who were singing throughout the last few minutes. I suppose we all deal with things differently. For me, it's the thousands who left early who should be criticised rather than those who continue to show their support for the players and the club.

We've got five games left of this season and who knows if we will ever be back at this level again. I'm determined to enjoy as much of the rest of the season as possible.

I clapped the players off yesterday, but then I was also one of those in Block J of the Upper who were singing throughout the last few minutes. I suppose we all deal with things differently. For me, it's the thousands who left early who should be criticised rather than those who continue to show their support for the players and the club.

We've got five games left of this season and who knows if we will ever be back at this level again. I'm determined to enjoy as much of the rest of the season as possible.

Wot Beefy said.

Why are we demanding high standards from the players if we are not prepared to work to high standards as supporters?

I find it curious that one supporter wants others to justify themselves to him or her. Here's a far-out suggestion - why not let the people that turn up support their team in their own way? I couldn't give a monkey's whether anyone clapped, crapped or just had a pint.

Wot Beefy said.

Why are we demanding high standards from the players if we are not prepared to work to high standards as supporters?

Im not on two grand a week..I Pay to watch and yesterday it was abysmal.

Having been a fan for so long Nothing suprises me with our team. Many other fans of teams walk out b4 the end it does not lack there love of there team. Maybe it is just to much to watch anymore.I for one feel hurt today not because I have anybody to blame Tilly or the team. I just didnt want to see anymore.

The fact is all of the comments on here have due value...My personel opinion takes most in. They are all valid.

It is Life being a SUFC supporter. We maybe have run before we could walk this season. But it is not over untill the Fat Lady sings.:)

But it is not over untill the Fat Lady sings.:)

Is this one chubby enough for you? ;)

fat%20lady%20sings.jpg

Back