• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Rub Salt in the Wounds

UNCLE_EDDIE

I'd like to say a special thank you to Peter Taylor for all his efforts towards Southend.
Not only did he get us relegated, he now finds it upon himself to start taking our players. Fair do's, its just as much southends fault in the fact we let the players available on free's - but would a man, who claims to always have had a special interest in Southend, go about stealing our better players.
Cheers Pete

Football is a business these days unfortunately. he is seeing success for himself and money shining right infront of his mug at the moment!
rock.gif

I accept his just doing his job, but why does he have to take two players from our team, who have never shown him really any reason to buy them.
I think his still bitter about our thrasing of them at Roots Hall last season. At least that memory will live on....

we beat them 3-0 - they had Webb playing
Not the season just gone, the year before!!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (UNCLE_EDDIE @ May 25 2004,19:14)]I think his still bitter about our thrasing of them at Roots Hall last season.
Yes, on reflection I think we can all now agree that it is Peter Taylor's evil plan to take SUFC players away... no matter what the effect would have on Hull City and thus... on his job security.

Yes... Peter Taylor is an evil twisted monster and has nothing better to do.

rock.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (overseas shrimper @ May 25 2004,19:00)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (UNCLE_EDDIE @ May 25 2004,19:14)]I think his still bitter about our thrasing of them at Roots Hall last season.
Yes, on reflection I think we can all now agree that it is Peter Taylor's evil plan to take SUFC players away... no matter what the effect would have on Hull City and thus... on his job security.

Yes... Peter Taylor is an evil twisted monster and has nothing better to do.

rock.gif
Bingo.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (overseas shrimper @ May 25 2004,19:00)]
[b said:
Yes, on reflection I think we can all now agree that it is Peter Taylor's evil plan to take SUFC players away...
He isn't taking the players that we want him to though, over the years he never took, for example Tony Richards or Barrington Belgrave, I would have been quite happy to let them each go for £100,000

I am gutted that Taylor is doing this to us aswell. So far nothing has happened, but it is looking more and more likey that in the next couple of days, two of our best players could be heading to his club. But its all part of his job, and football. The thing that gets me is that the club have let this situation happen at such a late time in the season. The club should of been looking to offer the players new deals earlier in the season, if they want us to succeed next year and in the future. Its a massive blow to the club and the fans.

But this isn't the first time Taylor has returned to us to poach or try to with any of our players

A year doesn't go past without him trying to do a runner with someone from our squad. Yeah, it's annoying, and very worrying, but the fact is it's probably because he still knows a load of people in the area who've kept him up to date with what's going on.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (UNCLE_EDDIE @ May 25 2004,18:05)]I'd like to say a special thank you to Peter Taylor for all his efforts towards Southend.
Not only did he get us relegated, he now finds it upon himself to start taking our players. Fair do's, its just as much southends fault in the fact we let the players available on free's - but would a man, who claims to always have had a special interest in Southend, go about stealing our better players.
Cheers Pete
We got relegated more than two years after Peter Taylor was 'sent on holiday' by the club. I don't think he can be held too responsible for that....

I'm not too keen on what he is doing to us now though. Certainly isn't making many friends among the Southend fans that he claims to be a member of.

Now that we have lost constintine and possibly maher and cort.

Tilson and R Martin must learn for next year not to let the best players contracts run out at the end of the season, instead they should start offering new contracts to the best players in january- Aprill time.

SO SIGN UP GOWER, quickly to make sure no 1 nicks him off us next season.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (ASHRIMPER @ May 25 2004,22:35)]Now that we have lost constintine and possibly maher and cort.

Tilson and R Martin must learn for next year not to let the best players contracts run out at the end of the season, instead they should start offering new contracts to the best players in january- Aprill time.

he is without question one of our best players if not the best!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (ASHRIMPER @ May 25 2004,23:35)]Now that we have lost constintine and possibly maher and cort.

If only running a football club was as cut and dry as some of our fans would like to think.

Many of us seem to be able to do a chairman's job and a football manager's job better than those in the position know how to do.

Even IF a relegation threatened team can offer a contract, full of speculative clauses, to its best players early on... they know that getting them to sign early on... when they feel confident of improving their situation with a bigger club come the summer... is another matter.

Back