• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

rubbish new survey

Napster

No ⭐
Modern lads 'scorn sex and football chat'

Researchers are claiming that modern men are more likely to chat about politics than football over a pint.

They found Britain's 16 to 35-year-olds do not like gossip but enjoy talking about what is going on - in their social circle and the wider world.

Politics and global affairs were the favourite topics among almost 3,000 surveyed. Fewer than one in six named football as a top subject, with only one in 50 naming sex.

The survey, for new men's magazine Nuts, found young men like to trade trivia, peppering chat with strange and bizarre facts, reports the London Evening Standard.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Napster @ Jan. 14 2004,14:23)]Modern lads 'scorn sex and football chat'

Researchers are claiming that modern men are more likely to chat about politics than football over a pint.

They found Britain's 16 to 35-year-olds do not like gossip but enjoy talking about what is going on - in their social circle and the wider world.

Politics and global affairs were the favourite topics among almost 3,000 surveyed. Fewer than one in six named football as a top subject, with only one in 50 naming sex.

The survey, for new men's magazine Nuts, found young men like to trade trivia, peppering chat with strange and bizarre facts, reports the London Evening Standard.
Where did they do this survey? Eton, Cambridge University?

[b said:
Quote[/b] (steveh1510 @ Jan. 14 2004,14:29)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Napster @ Jan. 14 2004,14:23)]Modern lads 'scorn sex and football chat'

Where did they do this survey? Eton, Cambridge University?
In Shrimperzone 'the pub' section?

I like the way they do these polls and then generalise, it's so refreshingly boring when magazines and such tell people what's what by doing polls with a couple of poufy Rugby loving Welshmen!

Disclaimer: not all Welsh people are gay?

You can only assume that this survey was carried out in an arty wine bar in West London.
I can't actually picture a pub where the blokes were talking exclusively about global affairs and politics, mind you being over 35 my view probably doesn't count!

Let's be honest. Lads mags are a load of pony anyway.

If all you really want to do is look at airbrushed pictures of some soap/pop tart and read a few tired jokes and **** poor articles then you probably aren't capable of holding much of a conversation anyway. About anything.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Mad Cyril @ Jan. 14 2004,16:14)]Let's be honest. Lads mags are a load of pony anyway.

If all you really want to do is look at airbrushed pictures of some soap/pop tart and read a few tired jokes and **** poor articles then you probably aren't capable of holding much of a conversation anyway. About anything.
There are obviously no back-issues of FHM or GQ lying around on the tables of your local, Matt...

wink.gif
tounge.gif

Matt

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Matt the Shrimp @ Jan. 14 2004,17:59)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Mad Cyril @ Jan. 14 2004,16:14)]Let's be honest. Lads mags are a load of pony anyway.

There are obviously no back-issues of FHM or GQ lying around on the tables of your local, Matt...

wink.gif

tounge.gif

Matt

I broke the last table in my local over Stings head so all there is a distinct lack of furniture down my local.

You are correct in the fact that I do not read lads mags. I only read the Economist, Soldier of fortune and Cigar afficionado.

With a title like 'Nuts' this new publication sounds like it is trying to occupy a niche in the market between Loaded and the Sunday sport.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Mad Cyril @ Jan. 15 2004,08:20)]With a title like 'Nuts' this new publication sounds like it is trying to occupy a niche in the market between Loaded and the Sunday sport.
Either that, or between Loaded and The Beano. "Nuts"... what a truly rubbish title.

Not much of a magazine reader myself... the only mags which find their way into the Walker household are Private Eye (to which I subscribe) and FourFourTwo.

Matt

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Mad Cyril @ Jan. 15 2004,08:20)]With a title like 'Nuts' this new publication sounds like it is trying to occupy a niche in the market between Loaded and the Sunday sport.
Exactly the type of reader who would talk about sex and football, surely?

well, I subscribe to Empire film mag

and the missus gets OK / Now/ generic Celeb gossip mag bollox

Back