• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Rudderless

It'd better be. Despite our appalling start, it's not too late - yet - to recover and have a decent 2/3rds of the season.

In the last few seasons, both Barnsley & Plymouth were in the bottom 4 this time of year. From around Nov, they both got their acts together, & either finished just outside the play-offs or actually got promoted ( Barnsley?, & i'm not referring to last season ).
Exeter did the same in L2.
Appreciate none of them were the shambles we currently are, but there is still hope?.
Def don't think we're surge up the table like they did, but also there's always a team who goe's into freefall after Xmas, so we can still end up around 14th-17th.
Just hope we're the team who 'sorts it out' & not Bolton!.

I think the “taking too long” thing is entirely credible. I think HL emerged at one stage as first choice. I heard there was some disagreement over money at some stage, hence the move to Sol Campbell who was on the verge of being announced at one stage. I would imagine, at that stage, that HL came back into the picture and agreement on money suddenly became more likely hence Ron asking Sol to wait a little bit longer, at which point Sol told him where to stick it because it was taking too long.

Yes your probably close with that scenario. Instead of "takinfg to Long"......How about "If i'm going to be f***** about from the start, then this isn't the job for me"

Thanks, but none of the above addresses The question I asked

You didn't ask me a question, you want me to disprove a myth.

Getting getting close to midnight during the boisterous celebrations in the Hamlet after our dramatic win at Wembley. Poor AB was trapped in the corner of the pub being pestered by Mr Brown.....Other players were free to rave it and enjoy the moment with their families.

It was obvious to me what PB was up to and Adam himself confirmed it several months later when I had a chat with him. He was considering retiring after the win because what a way to bow out with that penalty.

In the meantime he had been made captain and it was his job to speak first in the dressing room. Even before PB..... When things weren't going as planned.

Now I don't have favourites......Apart from AB. Miles ahead of anyone not just when he wore the shirt but as especially as a person off it.

Its obvious that they had a fall out and the Way it ended was very sad indeed. No one is denying that but PB's actions were not that of some one who fears losing his job to an understudy.

I don't know what went on between them and I would n't ask. A few weeks before AB left, PB spoke to me and mentioned the coaching job at Millwall. To my surprise he asked how would the fans react to what would be seen as forcing a club legend out. Being Risgby I told him he couldn't make it any worse as the fans already range form blaming him to hate him over the AB situation. If Adam was going to finish his Southend career languishing in the reserves then surely the Millwall opportunity was best for all concerned... Was my opinion.

Hope I said the right thing

Back