• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Cresswell leaving is a bigger worry. We've had years of financial poo so another day in court is BAU. As a true pro why wouldn't he celebrate a win even if he is off? Hopefully PB can persuade him to stay with a view to a Jan move if we're not where we should be. Very impressed with the limited games I've seen.

The problem with homesickness is that irrespective of how much your earning, working conditions etc, if you're missing your family and friends then that's all that matters.

When I moved to Sheffield I found it really difficult, but managed to stick it out and finally settled in. Hopefully we can persuade him to stick around, but if he has to go then he should leave with our blessings.

The problem with homesickness is that irrespective of how much your earning, working conditions etc, if you're missing your family and friends then that's all that matters.

When I moved to Sheffield I found it really difficult, but managed to stick it out and finally settled in. Hopefully we can persuade him to stick around, but if he has to go then he should leave with our blessings.

But the guy shares a flat with the legend that is Barry Corr - life surely cannot get much better than that !:winking:

I would be very surprised if Cresswell were to leave. I really get the impression from talking to him that he loves it here.

As has been said, he lives with BBBC - life is good.

On the downside, maybe he is annoyed because everytime he brings a girl back, they see BBBC and change their mind. :Worthy:

SUFC would care if it resulted in bankruptcy for Ron...

If the money was borrowed to put into the club then that will be another 600k of debt we incurr, if Ron can find it from somewhere else of course.
I would hazard a guess that should TB be after money loaned to RM it would be the money he "put in" to Soccer Stadium PLC
Now whether this was physically given at the time or was in lieu of a previous debt which ,IIRC ,we were told that RM owed before Tara came on board (some say the debt was the reason TB joined in the first place).
That said if TB is trying to get his share of SS then there should be no direct impact on SUFC (as I believe that this is one of the few companies with MD links that has not lent any money to SUFC .

There is no record on the SUFC accounts to 31/7/11 of any loans by TB (he resigned in November 2011) so unless he lent money at the end of his time here its not SUFC who owes him.

I would be very surprised if Cresswell were to leave. I really get the impression from talking to him that he loves it here.

As has been said, he lives with BBBC - life is good.

On the downside, maybe he is annoyed because everytime he brings a girl back, they see BBBC and change their mind. :Worthy:

I think they KNOW he will be there......................

When introduced to Ryan Cresswell's mother just before the JPT final, I said to her 'try and get Ryan to stay won't you'. She replied 'I'll try'. Make of that what you will.

When introduced to Ryan Cresswell's mother just before the JPT final, I said to her 'try and get Ryan to stay won't you'. She replied 'I'll try'. Make of that what you will.

Maybe you should have told her, if she posts down parcels of Chili and Bolognese, it will taste better than it did originally, when Ryan re-heats it... steer clear of curries mind

That makes sense now. Heard a couple of well known/respected SZ members discussing something along these lines in the Green Man before the final and it all figures now ...

Would be a shame to loss Cresswell, as only has 2 bad games every 10 or so!

Cresswell is contracted, no? So if he went presumably we would get money for him.

Cresswell is contracted, no? So if he went presumably we would get money for him.

In theory, but I believe he was under contract when we signed him from Rotherham and we didn't pay a fee... But yes, he has another year on his deal so we could ask for a fee.

In theory, but I believe he was under contract when we signed him from Rotherham and we didn't pay a fee... But yes, he has another year on his deal so we could ask for a fee.

Wasn't he transfer listed at Rotherham?

Is a bleedin rumour!!!! We have anti-Ron crap coming out of our arse's!! This is yet more until it becomes reality.
Ron v Tara? Only one winner!

Every time there is news of some possibility of movement on the Fossetts Farm project, a load of negative rumours spring up and start circulating. By nature of things, very occasionally part of one of these rumours turns out to be true - but rarely. As I have said previously, there are lots of people out there desperate to bring Ron down, and indifferent to the possibility that SUFC will go with him. And just because "respected" 'Zoners in the Green Man repeat a rumour, it doesn't make it true.

Wasn't he transfer listed at Rotherham?

He may well have been, but he was still contracted. If Rotherham wanted a fee they would have been within their rights to ask for one. The point I was making in reply to OBL was that just because a player is under contract does not neccessarily mean we would receive a fee.

Back