• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Rumours Regarding Southampton FC

SUFC Forever

Manager
There is a rumour going around that Southampton will be resigning from the league at the end of the season and will be applying to play in the Blue Square Conference for 2009/10. This I suppose is better in the long run than the alternative of going under completely.

If this is true, it is a tragedy for that club and their fans. Rupert Lowe and his henchmen have destroyed the Saints and to think that the ******* is still trying to worm his way back onto their board.

I feel really sad to see such a great club be dragged down by boardroom mayhem and hope that it can be sorted out for the good of all.

I know for a fact that the Blue Sq. Premier were sounded about by the Football League about the possibility of accepting Southampton should they go under, but I don't know about them opting to go there... I'd imagine they'd make every effort to stay afloat and/or find a buyer.

Judging by the clubs size, potential and assetts, im surprised they haven't found one already.

Under current criteria, if a club is to go into liquidation, in order to rid the club of debt, and then reform, they are required to start the following season at least two divisions below where they would have been prior to liquidation. F.C. Halifax Town is a good case in point.

It's therefore logical that should Southampton in its present incarnation go under that the 'new' club would be in the Conference. Which, incidentally, is where the current Middlesbrough would have ended up over 20 years ago, when they went into liquidation and reformed as Middlesbrough (1986) Limited, had that criteria been around then.

i take it that would mean some extra promotions in League 2 and the conf?

I think it would mean that only Luton would go down from League 2 this was to happen, and Norwich/Barnsley would be safe

Oddly, I overheard something to this effect at the Hayes & Yeading vs Eastleigh game on Tuesday night. Obviously, that would be massive news for Eastleigh, being as they are (a) on the outskirts of Southampton and (b) on the brink of promotion to the Conference.

Must admit I wrote it off as idle nonsense at the time, but now I've heard it from two sources...

This story was also on the front page of the Non-League paper at the weekend

whilst its sad for such a big club.. and a total shocker for a very large group of top fans.. its also right n fair that effective cheating is punished.. this has been gonig on for far too long in football .. the saints will be back in 5 years time anyway. it ****es me off to see clubs like Aldershot hav eot do it the hard way while
Leeds et al get away with financial cheating..

Could we buy their stadium on the cheap and drop it on Fossetts Farm? Would save some time.

Could we buy their stadium on the cheap and drop it on Fossetts Farm? Would save some time.

we could maybe stick an outboard motor onto the back of Canvey and send it around the coast and down to Southampton to pick it up (we could maybe drop off some of the inbreds and pikies down there while we're at it)

That would be a real shame, was looking for a good away day at Southampton.

Back